Sunday, October 9, 2016

Last One at 4 Months Old!

Kelsey is 4 months old! What a sweet, sweet stage!



I don't think I've appreciated this age as much as I should have in the past. Sweet and smiley. Still sleepy and able to be on the go. No talking back or arguing or whining. Pretty perfect, I think!




And this little girl just keeps getting better and better. She has become the sweetest thing!



-Wearing 3-6 month clothes (those are getting a little snug in the length, though!) and size 2 diapers
-Had her first taste of solids TONIGHT- a mushed banana (she LOOOOOVED it!)
-Nurses every 2.5-3 hours for about 10 minutes. She got really efficient all of a sudden! Woohoo! She also spits up after every single feeding and it is SO MUCH... I do NOT remember the others doing this!
-Recently shifted her night sleep time from about 9-9. That's awesome, except I have to wake her up every morning to get going for the day and that's tough on her!
-Is not going very long between feedings at night. I'm still not doing much to help on this front. I'm just so tired. And each night I say it's going to be "the night" to work on it. And each night I fail miserably. We will fix it one day, right?
-She will nurse to sleep or be bounced/rocked/cradled to sleep. This one is nice- for the moment she will go down however which is helpful!
-Seems to be a whole lot better about going to other people than her sisters (especially Molly). She even looks at people and smiles and coos to them! She's got a great smile with some precious dimples so that's fun for people to see!
-Right along with her siblings, she LOVES tummy time. She will roll and scooch all over the floor. Just started bringing her knees up under her... I think she'll be an early crawler like her siblings!
-Just found her piggie toes and grabs them! Love that stage!
-Can "play" with a toy for a little bit- so car rides have gotten a little bit better! Yay yay yay!
-Wants to sit up all the time. When I lay her on her back she either flips right over or does a crunch. It's hilarious!
-LOVES the bath. Could sit there for an hour. Gets totally relaxed. Just like her momma.





(Disclaimer: Waiting on the side of the road for a potty break- car not moving)




She has seriously become just a sweet, happy little baby! I can't even believe this is the same girl we brought home from the hospital who screamed for three months. She's a doll and a dream and feels like she's been a part of our family forever and ever. We are so thankful for this little girl... our little caboose!




No comments: