Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Sprinkling Baby (and Mom!) 4!

I seriously have the most amazing friends.

I mean, how people can say their friends are just as excited for their fourth baby as their first?!

Courtney contacted me about having a sprinkle for this baby. And she knows how much I HATE people doing things for me, especially spending money/time on me for my fourth kid! I love doing it for others, but I hate having people feel like they have to do it for me. So when she proposed the idea she said, "I know you will hate this idea, but don't say no.... We want to have a sprinkle for you. It will be low key and casual and just friends going to brunch or dinner. What do you think?" I knew I couldn't get out of it. So I said yes, as long as it was casual and everyone officially knew how much I hated the idea! Ha!

So a few weeks back, we had a sprinkle for this little girl! Just to show how different it is with my fourth kid, it was actually scheduled for Saturday morning originally. Cue baseball playoffs and tee ball game and almost all of us had conflicts, so we rescheduled for Sunday brunch after church. It ended up working out perfectly!


It was just perfect and more than I could have imagined! I didn't realize how much I needed it. The girl time was so needed! We just laughed and talked and sat forever at the restaurant. And getting all the ADORABLE gear for sweet baby girl got me so excited to welcome her! Life is busy right now, and while I'm trying to desperately to cherish this last pregnancy and get excited for this baby, it's hard to slow down and actually do that these days. So this sprinkle filled a void I didn't even know I had! Plus, I could finally pack a hospital bag for her! Ha!





So thankful for sweet sweet friends who love on me and my baby! It really does take a village!

1 comment:

the blogivers said...

Glad you "let" them do this for you!! Every baby (and their mama) deserves to be celebrated, even with something low-key :)