Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

We had such a sweet Mother's Day this year. It was a weekend-long celebration with Anthony's family at our place in Brenham!

Anthony's grandmother and two of his aunts came to Texas from Iowa for the weekend. We were so thankful they made the trek and that we were able to see them. It was the first time they had met Molly, too- so that just shows how long it had been since we had seen them!

It was a busy weekend and when you put 5 kids in the mix there is never a dull moment! Luckily Anthony's mom and aunts are the type of women who just get in right in and help out, so there was never a shortage of anyone around to help out (instead of me having to do it all!). For that I am beyond grateful because I don't think I could have survived the weekend without them. I was exhausted as it was- and they did a TON!


Fishing (of course!)
It's Jay and Anthony's favorite thing to do! 

Our group in front of our house! 

Watching the cows

Chickens and peacocks! 

Molly playing hide and seek! 
She loves this game! 

Sleeping at the ranch... 
air mattress in the corner of our room.. I just love when they sleep! 

This is how he ended up the next morning... Poor guy! 

Girl cousins in the playhouse! 

How many people can we cram in the door?!

Celebrating Grandma Peggy's birthday! 





Mother's Day flowers from my girl (and her daddy!)

Racing on the porch!




The mommas of the weekend!



It really was such a fun time. We are so thankful our kids have such loving families on both sides. We couldn't ask for more!


We headed home on Sunday and rested and caught up around here (and this momma took a long Mother's Day nap!). Then we headed to my parents' house and had dinner with my mom! No pictures, but I can assure you it was a lovely evening! :)


Thankful for the wonderful mothers in our lives... and thankful for a husband who helped out tremendously on Mother's Day to make sure I wasn't doing it all alone!

No comments: