Sunday, March 27, 2016

We Survived Spring Break!

Not gonna lie, I wasn't sure we were going to survive Spring Break this year!

I say that tongue in cheek, of course. No disasters, nothing happened. BUT, Anthony was in Haiti for the entire week on another Mission Trip with Live Beyond. Of course, we were so happy to support him while he was there, and so proud of the work he was doing. But all three home and being 7 months pregnant with our 4th, I knew it would be a long week!

He left Saturday morning early, and that same morning the kids and I decided to road trip it to Dallas to see Michelle and her family, and Anthony's sister and her family. The bonus was, my mom was there visiting Michelle and Anthony's mom was there visiting Andrea. Oh, did I mention they live three houses apart?! We got to get up to Dallas and see a ton of our people at once! Win!

While we were there, we did a lot of playing at houses and the park, lots of catch up time, even got in a little family BP. We weren't there long and we had sort of a whirlwind of a trip, but it was totally worth it!

Sloan and me at the park- I swear she actually had a super fun time- it was just too sunny!

Of course CK had a blast being the baby whisperer!



Debby had some of her littlest ducks in a row! 

Family BP!

Popsicles after dinner!

Grandma and her grandlittles (plus one!)

Not sure where I was supposed to fit in the bed... 

And this was even more difficult to find a spot! 


We got back in town- and Michelle and Clay came too! So we had them for a few more days. More park time, we squeezed in the rodeo (I still can't talk about that day- I'm pretty sure I'm still worn out from it... seriously), and our first swim of the season (too cold for the grown ups!)...

Our kitty Ella is crazy- look how she fell asleep on Michelle! 


One of my favorite pictures ever! 


Thursday Michelle and Clay headed out and the kids and my mom and I went to our place in Brenham to check in there. Turns out all the rain we had started to show our field of wildflowers in the beginning stages of blooming! Everything was super green and gorgeous! The pictures absolutely do not do it justice!







We spent the next few days playing around and getting ready for Daddy's return!





Needless to say once he got home it was a JOYFUL reunion! We drove out to the airport to get him and the kids insisted on going inside to wait for him. So we parked and trekked it in. We waited and as soon as we saw him coming down the stairs the big kids started smiling and giggling, and Molly had a priceless reaction- she started SCREAMING "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" over and over and JUMPING up and down! She ran to him and Anthony dropped his bag and grabbed her up! The big kids ran over and it was such a sweet reunion! I wish I had been thoughtful enough to get it on video- it was the cutest thing I've ever seen! Anthony said it was one of his most favorite memories ever!

We spent the weekend having LOTS of family time together!

And I was beyond exhausted! Ha! It definitely took me several days to catch up from that week. As helpful as Anthony is in the evenings, he's really only around for about an hour a night with the kids- he leaves so early in the morning and gets home late that the kids only see him for an hour before bed time. I think what really did me in was the ALL DAY EVERY DAY with the kids. Not that it wasn't wonderful having them and doing things we don't normally get to do while they are at school... But Jay and CK are at an age where it is constant need for stimulation and energy release. They talk a lot and want to play all the time. They also bounce off the walls! And Molly isn't much different, except that she naps and so I at least get a two hour break in the middle of the day! But not when the big kids are home! Ha!

Anyway, we survived and actually made some really wonderful memories... even exhausted ones!

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

I love the honesty of this post and I FEEL YA even just with my two. Spring Break was not our best of times. Ok a couple of things- I am suuuuuuper impressed you can get all three kids to sleep in one bed. How do you do it, literally? How do you get them all to go to sleep? Also noticed CK is sleeping in her big girl panties- that is awesome!!!! Sadly we are still not there with Logan, I so wish we were!!