Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Look Back Part 5... Version 4!

Written on 11/16/15


Nauseous. Exhausted.

All day. Everyday. Nonstop.

Agh... I haven't felt so sick or so tired with any pregnancy yet. And this one is kicking my butt. And you know what? I still have to pull myself up by the bootstraps and be a mom every single day. There are no days off, there are no 2 hour naps, there is no crawling into bed every time I feel sick. You know what there is? Three little people depending on me all day every day. And I'm kind of thankful for that, because I have a feeling I'd be holed up in bed for this entire first trimester. So this forces me to get up and moving. Even when I don't want to at all!

I really am pretty much nauseous and sick all day every day. There is little relief. Ever.

As far as the tiredness goes- I am OK in the morning (and by ok I mean functioning). Caffeine is not agreeing with me at all, so I am having very little of it. Then by about 1:00 I want to drop in bed. My eyes have a hard time staying open, my body can't move. I am literally so exhausted. It's the craziest thing. The sad thing is, most days I don't get the kids from school until about 2:30, so I have to keep Molly entertained and myself awake until then.

But, about 2:30, once we get the kids home and a snack and set up, I put Molly down and then I crash on the couch. Just about every day. Some days it's 10 minutes and some days it's 45 minutes. I feel absolutely horribly guilty that I am neglecting my big kids, but I seriously can't function if I don't rest my body. Luckily, this is their "chill out" time after school anyway, and they are generally happy to relax and play games/play toys/watch tv/play iPad for a bit. I really do feel so bad about this time. It's probably number one on my mom guilt radar right now. I don't have a better solution though, so for now it is what is and I just keep telling myself I will make it up to them when I get more energy next trimester. I do nap on the couch in the middle of the house so I am "present" if they need me. I can also hear if someone knocks on the door or anything else. Yes, I'm justifying. I feel really guilty.


And so far I've had some crazy cravings.... Coffee frapuccino from Sbux (only caffeine I can tolerate) and Caesar salad (and I'm pretty sure that's on the no-no list but only if it's made with real anchovies which most aren't). So weird. Sweets haven't been super high on the list, and going with every other pregnancy I am LOOOOVING watermelon! I cooked a pork tenderloin the other night and almost vomited. Bleh.

I also think I become semi-lactose intolerant during my pregnancies. I have noticed a pattern in each one and though I crave TONS of cheese and dairy, if I eat too much I get awful stomach cramps and pains.


Anyway, I think that's about it for now. My tummy is definitely poking out- and I'm only 10 weeks along. Now, if I'm being honest, I never lost my tummy after Molly (or Jay, or Charley Kate), but it's definitely "out there" already. I'm sure most people are noticing and just being nice by not saying anything!


So until the next update, I'll just go be nauseous and tired. Ho hum..   :)

2 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

I could have written this verbatim with this pregnancy. I mean, down to the stomach aches with dairy. So weird!! Well at least we're past it and never have to go there again. Thank you God! Now it's the FUN and easy part and then the end is short and followed by wonderful!!

Kate said...

I'm going through the same thing. Yesterday I threw up all day unless i was sleeping. I had to call into work because I couldn't stop. I am 12+4 and hoping it goes away soon because I am so ready to eat again.