Friday, December 4, 2015

18 Month Check Up and Being THAT Mom

We had Molly's 18 month check up the other day. Besides being totally freaked out as soon as we walked into the room, it went very well. She was SO shy around them and terrified of the nurse (the one who gives her shots). Dr. Lindsay is so great and does the entire exam while she's seated on my lap, so that is very comforting to her.

Anyway, she's right on par with her past measurements. A teeny bit bigger than Charley Kate but still definitely smaller than Jay (thank goodness!).




Molly at 18 Months:
Height: 33.25 in (88%)
Weight: 23 lbs, 3 oz (57%)
FOC: 18.25 in (52%)

In comparison...

Charley Kate at 18 Months:
Height: 32.75 in (79%)
Weight: 21 lbs, 4 oz (30%)
FOC: 18.25 in (52%)

Jay at 18 Months:
Height: 35 in (>99%!!)
Weight: 27 lbs, 7 oz (87%)
FOC: 56%

Seriously, Jay was a beast (and still is!)!




So the appointment was great, except for the shots. She got one and then her flu shot (don't judge that I'm late to the game). Anyway, I promised my kids that they could get the flu mist this year (not realizing that it was in short supply!). So when I was checking out I asked if they had any in the office and they said a couple doses left and that if I wanted them I'd have to come back in that afternoon to make sure I could get them! Ack!

So very begrudgingly I brought all three kids back in at 3:00 that afternoon (yes, in the middle of Molly's nap time on the day she got two shots!). I would have never chosen that, but I wanted my kids to get it while they could!

I picked them up straight from school and headed to the doc. I didn't even have time to go home and get snacks, so we stopped in the tiny Walgreens in the hospital and loaded up. Annnnnd we loaded up with Sour Cream and Onion chips and Cheeto Puffs. And those giant bottles of Minute Maid apple juice. Oh yeah.

So we go into the waiting room and my kids each have a bag of chips (not the snack size of course, the GIANT ones) and those big juices. Then Molly is SO tired that she starts bullying a younger patient in the office (not really, but any time the little girl would come near her she would yell "NO! MINE! NO MA'AM!" So so embarrassing.

Anyway, the mom of this girl was clearly a new, young mom who would never ever ever let her child speak to another child that way, or miss a nap, or eat giant bags of chips and drink giant bottles of juice. Did I mention I had also recently showered and so my hair was a mess and I had no make up on? Yup. I know 100% that mom was judging me. And if I'm being honest, I probably would have judged me too. It was that bad, guys.

But I didn't have the energy to explain to this young mom who I really was, so I just let it go and let her judge. And I prayed I'd never see her again!



All in all, it was a tiring day and no fun for Molly to be at the doctor twice in one day. But we made it. Orange fingers and all.

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

That's hilarious! No doubt your standards significantly drop with each child. Ehh some day she'll learn.