Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday Confessionals

I'm not even going to pretend this is going to be a regular occurrence. I mean, I would love to make it a weekly post again, but considering the fact that my blogging has just about fallen off completely, makes me realize that I would be dreaming to make that happen.

But I do remember how much I loved confessing all my silly, dark "secrets" so I'll do my best to keep it up. And please remember, no judgement- or no public judgement. My fragile ego (ha!) can't handle that, so reserve your snide comments for your next playdate... "Did you hear about that mom who...." :)



Jay eats zero fruits and zero vegetables. He doesn't like smoothies anymore so there is no sneaking them in that way. I absolutely 100% count his "fruit" intake from the juice I buy (particular type of fruit/vegetable juice blend) and whatever happens to be blended in with the yogurt I buy (but it can only come in the Gogurt type tubes because if he sees that it's anything but white he panics). Sigh....

At 14 months, Molly only sleeps through the night VERY rarely. She ends up in our bed almost every single night. With the first kid, this never EVER happened. The second kid it happened until a point and then never again once we moved her to her crib. Third kid has spent so few hours in that crib it's laughable. But you know what, I get a FULL night of sleep this way (thankyoukingsizebed). If momma's happy, everyone's happy.

I have let my kids watch and unreal amount of TV this summer. The afternoons when Molly is the only one napping can really drag on (she takes about 2.5 hour naps). I try to be a great hands-on mom most days, but one can only play so many rounds of Candyland or Battleship or Tea Party. Sometimes I just want a LITTLE break.

My big kids have had summer camp this week and I have actually put them to sleep in the clothes they are wearing the next day. One less step for me in the morning! This is genius if you ask me!

The amount of baths (or lack thereof) my kids have taken over the summer is embarrassing. We have a pool. We swim a lot. Chlorine cleans them all up. Who needs a bath every day, amIright?!

I never understand how I can go to the grocery store, buy a cart FULL of groceries (and spend an insane amount of money- seriously, why is healthy food so expensive?!!?!?), and come home with nothing for lunch. Good grief! I cook dinner every night and we eat breakfast at home every morning, so why is it so difficult for me to think about lunch at home!?



Alright, anyone else feel my pain? Until next time (which is hopefully sooner than later!)...

5 comments:

Kate said...

Don't stop blogging!! I love reading about you and your kiddos!!! It makes me smile/laugh/be prepared for my future kiddos.

the blogivers said...

Ahh, these posts are always a breath of fresh air! Thanks for the dose of reality today :)

Jason and Jenny said...

Here, here! And I ALWAYS forget about lunch food too! Ha

Brittany said...

This makes me feel so much better that Reid also eats ZERO fruits and vegetables. He used to eat only bananas and now he doesn't even like those. :/

Leah said...

I just hopped on over here for the first time in awhile. You're not the only one who hasn't been posting! Anyway, it's nice to be able to say "me too!" Love these!