Thursday, February 12, 2015

Making the Valentines!

So I caved in- I officially entered the world of Pinterest-y Valentines.

I swore I was never going to do it. "It's too much work!" "The kids don't even care!" "I'm not too proud for store bought cards- I chunk them anyway!" are all things I said to myself.

But for some reason this year, I thought, "Why not??"

So I made them. We made them. We made Valen-slime. It was actually super cute! My kids LOVE slime. They love helping in the kitchen. So we did it this year.

And it was a lot of fun! They LOVED getting into the slime-making. It was like magic to them! And don't even get me started on how stinking EASY it is to make slime! Good grief! The hardest part was finding the Borax at the store. Here is a great recipe if you want one...

I also found some free little printables to attach. We (meaning I!) printed, we (again I) cut, I poked holes, I tied ribbons... And other than a little scissor and finger accident, it wasn't too bad.

This was the end product (but I changed the whole ribbon part- so ignore this one and imagine better).



Was it a lot of work? Yes. Will the kids care? Probably not. Would we have been just as happy with store bought? Absolutely. Will I do it again? Probably not any time soon!

But was hanging out with these cuties totally worth it?! ABSOLUTELY!








5 comments:

Maggie Coleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie Coleman said...

Sammie, Ryan and I make slime every summer! So easy and so fun!

Is it just me or does Treasure look so old in those pics? I swear she looks 5!

Meagan said...

Here is my theory on classroom Valentines and really any other holiday/occasion/Pinterest-worthy item or day--sometimes you got it in you, other times you just don't. Do it when you want to and forget about when you can't. :) I am the same way--sometimes it just sounds sounds fun, other times, store bought crafts and ideas all the way! Cute idea and kudos for this year's fun!

Casey Charles said...

So cute! Looks like an happy little activity for your big kids!!!

Jason and Jenny said...

way to go! Super cute! Plus love your honesty of what your thoughts were before and after :)