Friday, February 27, 2015

Guessing Game and Measurements


Let's play a fun little game, shall we?! 

Name that 9 Month Old Squill Baby! 





And just for good measure because it's fun....



I love happy little squishy babies!! I say it all the time, but this 9 month mark is one of my very favorite stages!! 



On a related note, I wanted to get the kids' stats written down from their doctor's appointments. 


Molly at 9 Months:
Length: 28 3/4 inches (87%)
Weight: 18 lbs, 1.4 oz (62%)
FOC: 17 1/4 inches (49%)

In comparison...
Charley Kate at 9 Months
Length: 28 1/4 inches
Weight: 18 lbs, 1 oz
FOC: 63%

Jay at 9 Months:
Length: 30 inches
Weight: 20 lbs, 5 oz
FOC: 46%


Some thoughts on these... 
-Obvs Jay was/is a beast. Seriously. That kid was always big and he continues to tower over all his friends. 
-Molly and CK are practically identical sizes which has shocked everyone (but me). CK is soooo petite and Molly seems so big. But CK was big, too! 
-I know none of this means anything but I find it very interesting! 



Moving on to CK's stats (after a quick break to comfort a crying Molly- she now has the nasty stomach bug but that's another post for another day- if I find the time and energy)....

Charley Kate at 3 Years:
Height: 38 1/2 inches  (83%)
Weight: 26 lbs, 6 oz (9%!!!!!!!)
BMI: 12.5 (.01%!!!!!!!)
BP/Pulse: 98/59 and 78

In comparison...
Jay at 3 Years:
Height: 40 inches
Weight: 35 lbs
BMI: 15.4
BP/pulse: 103/67, 101


Some thoughts...
-CK is tiny. She just is. She is strong and athletic and healthy and growing and thriving, but she is teeny little thing. She is also on the second day of a stomach bug, but I know for sure she hasn't lost more than pound, which would have put her below the 20% anyway- still low. We talked with the doc about her weight, and she is just going to have to deal with this forever we think. As he noted, her height growth curve is steadily increasing, so there is no indication that she isn't getting proper nutrition or growing. 
-Jay was/is a beast. 9 lbs heavier than his sis at this age?! You know Anthony is loving that! All he's dreamed of is a big ol' boy of his own! 


Anyway, I wanted to get all this down so I had a record of it for the future. 

Plus, I love their doctor's office pics!  It's so funny because I usually don't take pictures at their appointments, but for some reason 9 months has yielded pictures of all of them doing the same thing... in diapers playing with tongue depressors! 

Happy end of the week! 

1 comment:

the blogivers said...

Ha, when the thumbnail of CK popped up in my blog feed, I was thinking, "Man, I've never noticed how much Molly looks like CK?!" Now I know why - because that wasn't her! :)