Monday, February 9, 2015

Charley Kate is Three!


My darling Charley Kate. I can't believe she's three years old. The life and energy and spunk this little girl has brought to our family is unmatched.



Three years ago I became a mother of two kids. It was the day my heart doubled in size. I had no idea that was possible, and no idea how wonderful life would be. I remember those first days. Walking around in a coma-like state just trying to put one foot in front of the other. I remember more times than not having to pull myself up by my boot straps and just survive. I had no clue how much that little baby girl was going to brighten our family. 




Charley Kate is a wonderful little girl. She is strong and confident and independent. If you ask most parents a few traits they would like for their little girls to possess, these three have to be towards the top. I don't worry that she will be a doormat for someone one day- she would never let that happen and I am so thankful.




She has an amazing sense of reading people. She will watch and study faces and body language and know just how to proceed. She is extremely people smart and you can tell!


She loves mothering (or bossing as some might say!). She loves to direct everyone and be in control. She comes by this honestly I'm afraid! But she is so caring towards others and loves to serve everyone and make sure they are all taken care of.




Her favorite toys are "mommy" type toys- babies, purses, makeup, high heels, dressing up, jewelry, etc. She loves to push strollers and put babies in their cribs or high chairs. She loves to cook in her "kutchen" and serve dinner to anyone who will take it.




She is so so good to Molly. Truly she loves her to pieces. She speaks so kindly to her and treats her so gently. She absolutely idolizes her big brother. She thinks he hung the moon! She has her Daddy so well wrapped around her finger and is Mommy's little buddy and partner in crime! 



She is an athletic little thing! Though she's petite and tiny, she is strong! I really think she could have a bright future in gymnastics if she chooses- she is so coordinated and athletic. Her little body is pure muscle- I might be a little jealous!




She smiles with her whole face. I absolutely adore the little gap in her teeth in the front. I hope they never grow together because they make her uniquely beautiful. Her eyes are a sparkling icy blue and just gorgeous. I could just stare at those big blue eyes forever! 



While she is so many wonderful things, she is still a three year old, second child girl who can flip a switch in an instant. She can throw a mean tantrum- and a lot of times it's over the most insignificant things- not wearing the pink shoes or only wanting the red fruit snacks. Or maybe she wanted to put her own shirt on, get her own ice, or walk without holding my hand. You never really know.


Charley Kate loves school, gymnastics, dance, playing with friends, spending time with her family (immediate but especially extended). She is a happy little girl and I am happy to report that the tantrums are fewer and farther between. She is slowly moving out of the "Terrible 2's" (not that they were necessarily terrible, just different than her brother's 2's).




When I say she is the spark of our family I mean it. Her sweet smile, her precious laugh, her teeny voice all bring such joy to us.




Charley Kate, we love you to the moon and back. Happy birthday, big girl!



4 comments:

The Torno's said...

Happy Birthday Charley!!!!

the blogivers said...

Happy 3rd birthday, Charley Kate!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Great post!! You can just FEEL your love for her in this post. It totally made me tear up. I feel like I know her thanks to your blog!

Brittany Sciba said...

Happy birthday to Charley! I loved reading all about your adorable THREE year old!