Thursday, January 8, 2015

Belated Christmas Recap

I never blogged about our Christmas (mainly because if I'm being honest, I just skim over other people's recaps, so I figure no one really wants to read about mine either).

BUT, I DO want them for our family records, so I'll do a QUICK recap and a lot of pictures! My favorite :)



We started out the holiday break with the kids' Christmas performance at school, followed by a playdate at the new mall playground (that ended with our bff getting BITTEN by another kid on the FACE and me being threatened!), followed by haircuts, Sunday school, and a birthday party.

My little sheep- top left, red sleeve waving at momma :)

My little angel



Always such a good sport!

Playing at the mall in matching outfits. Be still my heart!

Best buds!

She loves getting her haircut as much as momma!

Bible class! Lots of bows!!

Bday party with his buds!





Then the Monday before it was our annual Christmas cookie baking day- a tradition for as long as I can remember in the Moriarty house!







Tuesday we packed up half our house and drove to see Anthony's family! It was a whirlwind trip, but always such a good time with them. I am so lucky to have married into such a wonderful family! We did most of our Santa presents there, which was different for us! The kids LOVED what they got and it kept them busy for the whole trip home (score!)!

Jay really is the BEST big brother/cousin. Always so gentle and sweet! 

Cousins!

Christmas eve! 

Watching 'Twas the Night Before Christmas
(it's a yearly tradition to read it, but we are now in 2014 which requires us to keep up with technology!-kidding!)

Letters and treats for Santa and the reindeer!

Upside down... grrrr

Crazy sleeping arrangements on Christmas eve... boys on the floor on air mattress, all three girls in the bed...
#survival

 Christmas morning!

Checking out their loot!


Santa knows just what she loves!

Happily playing with his new dragons!


We headed home Christmas day (Daddy has decided he really loves to be home on Christmas day- really any holiday). Santa left one more present there for the kids- a trampoline!!! They were so excited when we drove up and told them there was one more gift. They ran out the back and their expressions were priceless!






That night we headed over for dinner and Moriarty Family Christmas- with so many people it's always hectic and crazy but so fun!

Christmas flannel!




These two have such a special relationship! Love!


The rest of the time (until New Year's!) was spent catching up with family, friends, and just hanging out with the five of us. I just LOVE the holidays! But man, they WEAR. ME. OUT.


 Houston Moriarty cousins and the three big boy cousins from WI/MN in town!

And all their kids! 




2 comments:

Brittany Sciba said...

So fun!! I love that you have such a big family with so many cousins for your kids!!

The Torno's said...

Merry Christmas! Love the group pics we did too :)