Thursday, November 6, 2014

More Sickies!

Excuse the lack of posting- we have been up to our ears in GERMS in this house over the past two weeks!

Between the girls having the virus a few weeks ago, to the UTI, to a stomach thing with Molly (vomiting all over herself in the middle of the night- two separate nights), to an AWFUL bug that hit 4/5 of us in this house, we have been sick, sick, sick.

We have gone through an insane amount of Tylenol and Motrin. Seriously. And how Anthony hasn't gotten sick is beyond me- maybe because he is out of the house 14 hours a day and then sleeping (away from our kids) for another 7 hours of that time??


Anyway, it's been tough juggling one (or two) sick kids at a time. It's hard on the other kid. And I won't lie, I haven't been this sick since I had strep two years ago. I actually called on other people to help me out (gasp!). I NEVER do that!! But I was desperate, so when a friend or sister or my mom would offer to take a kid or bring dinner or pick up from school, I said yes and then went back to feeling miserable.


But I'm all healed and I can take on the sick kids!


I didn't get to write about the super fun time we had with our church preschool group at Dewberry Farm last week...











Or the sweet little baby we have that now likes to sit up in the bath...





Or the random fun days we have had enjoying this beautiful weather...









Or the time that the house across the street from us went up in flames and my yard guy alerted me and I called 911. The kids and me just stood in the front yard watching as an older couple's home for the past 43 years went up in flames and all their possessions along with it. It was a sad day. 10 firetrucks, tons of firemen, and lots of neighbors... It was interesting to say the least.





I also haven't had time to properly document Halloween and the kids in their precious costumes (no seriously!)...





All because I have spent time loving on these three guys helping them to feel better...








I'll get to the rest soon enough. Until then, I'll leave you with this.... A lot of square footage in this house, and the four of us (5 including Tex!), hang out in about a 5 foot radius. 


#thedaysarelongbuttheyearsareshort


5 comments:

Kate said...

So sorry you were all so sick! Does Jay still play with all his animals?

Meagan said...

I am SO sorry you've been going through a sick rut! It is never fun! I totally feel ya on taking up help, too. I NEVER do but could NOT have made it, literally, the last two weeks without help. Oh, and today (the day after my post-op appointment where I found out I still have four weeks of recovery) Blakely woke up with a fever and has CRIED. ALL. DAY. No, really. ALL DAY. I can't even hold her or pick her up and it has been heartbreaking. SO. Together, I say you and I just write off October?

the blogivers said...

That is so, so sad about your neighbor's house :( glad they apparently made it out ok though! Hope the germs leave you guys alone until at least 2015!!

Brittany Sciba said...

I'm sorry you've been dealing with all of the sickness! We've had the same kind of week around here. Hoping everyone gets healthy soon!!

Amber Geiersbach said...

Oh my gosh! That poor couple! Did the whole house burn down?

The Halloween costumes are so cute. Your kids are adorable.