Monday, November 24, 2014

Molly at 6 Months!

And just like that, 6 months have flown by. I seriously feel like I blinked and a half year went by. A half year, people!!!

I don't know if it's actually Molly and her sweet little personality, or if it's me taking time to slow down and soak in every single bit of baby that I can, but I can honestly say, these last six months have been the happiest of my life.

I could go on and on about what a wonderful little baby Molly has been (and let's be honest- I'm about to go on and on!). She has the most precious demeanor, the sweetest personality, the best sense of humor, and a wonderful peace about her. I absolutely adore this child and just can't get enough of her! Even on the nights when she's up 1,000,000 times, she's always so happy and sweet!



So at 6 months (seriously- CANNOT believe it's been this long already!!!)...

-She is totally independent sitting up- she loves to sit and play and I LOVE this stage!
-Can go from sitting to her tummy and then scootch around- but isn't close to crawling. At this point her brother and sister were close to crawling (tummy up on hands and knees) and actually crawling (Miss CK!), but not this girl. And I'm A-OK with that!!
-Is in size 3 diapers and 6 month clothes.
-Is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad sleeper- and I blame myself for this. I am SOOO tired that after she fusses in her crib and I go up there approximately 12 times between 7:30 and 10:30, I just bring her into our bed where she sleeps relatively well. Then, when she wakes during the night, instead of working to get her back to sleep (like I did with my other two), I usually just nurse her back to sleep. I know, SO SO SO BAD. But here's my perspective this time around- she won't do this forever. I get more sleep this way than trekking up and down the stairs a jillion times a night, and oh yeah, I just don't care. We'll get there.
-Is a GREAT napper! Takes two naps a day- a catnap on the go in the mornings (anywhere from 15 min to 1 hr), then takes a long one in the afternoons (rendering us homebound all afternoon!). She usually goes down around 2ish and sleep anywhere from 2-3 hours.
-Goes to bed earliest of all the kids at night- usually around 7:30ish. It's hard to push it any later- unless she had a late nap that day.
-Wakes around 7:30-8 in the mornings. Usually the last to rise.
-Has a GREAT sense of humor- laughs at everything. She will watch Jay and Charley Kate and just start giggling at whatever they are doing. It's the cutest thing ever! She has a dimple on her left cheek that I just want to eat! So cute!
-Is happy happy happy as long as she is perched on my hip.
-Has pretty much gotten over the separation thing so far- at least with my mom and Anthony.
-She does this thing where she shakes her whole body when she gets excited! When she sees food especially! Ha!
-LOVES to eat. Nurses every three-ish hours, and eats between. The other night she took down an entire cup of yogurt for dinner! She is great about table food and seriously eats everything. But HATES pureed baby food! Spits it out EVERY time!
-Is so incredibly go-with-the-flow. She wakes up and gets changed/fed/dressed and gets thrown in her carseat. She just does whatever we are doing and is so happy about it.
-Loves her family and her pets! They always make her laugh and smile.


Molly has been the most wonderful addition to our family. She is just such a bright spot in our lives. And I'm so thankful that her big brother and big sister are so kind and loving to her. They are gentle with her and just love on her- and you can tell because she loves them so much. They dote on her all day long.


She had her six month appointment today and measured:

Height: 27 in (89%)
Weight: 15 lbs, 15.5 oz (48%)
FOC: 16.75 in (61%)


Jay at 6 Months:
Height: 27.5 in (84%)
Weight: 17 lbs, 7 oz (49%)
FOC: 17.5 in (53%)


CK at 6 Months:
Height: 27.25 (90%)
Weight: 15 lbs, 5 oz (40%)
FOC: ???


Can't wait to see how fast the next six months fly by! Yikes!





No comments: