Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Day In The Life (With Three)

I wish I could snapshot a day every few months so I can remember what my life was like at different stages. I want to look back and remember, and I want my kids to know what we did all day long when they were little. So this blog post will be our day- start to finish- on just a regular, ol' "typical" day. No school or weekend stuff- just a regular day.


7:15! All three kids slept in this morning and they all woke up around the same time. Molly first (in bed with me- let's just keep it real), then Jay and CK came down to say hello. Some good snuggles this morning!


"Wake Up/Play Time"... Around 7:30. This is when the lights get flipped on, the pets get fed, windows opened, and breakfast gets made. This is probably my most productive time of day as far as Molly is concerned- this is when she will sit and play without my attention for the longest span of the day!


7:45... Breakfast today. CK and Jay's request. Pretty lame today and abnormal. The usual is almost always oatmeal for CK and me (and now Molly!), and bacon and a bagel or yogurt for Jay. Always eaten on the floor, in front of cartoons. Yup. 


8:15ish... How I get ready in the mornings. Yes, Molly is playing with hand sanitizer. It was closed and you do what you gotta do to get ready, people! 


9:00.... Off to run errands on this cold morning! I love the Burb, but those kids are WAY back there!


9:15... Bed, Bath, and Beyond for a new toaster oven and dust buster. We ran into my oldest sister there (!!) and she used Jay to reach something high. Ha! 


10:00.... Typical crazy shoppers- Jay being silly, CK with a new hat on, and Molly. Our second stop was at Marshalls!


10:45... Next stop is into the mall to hit Stride Rite for CK and meet friends for playing/lunch. But I needed to nurse Molly before we went in. So here I am nursing her. I am not brave enough to actually get the action shot... 


11:00.... Shoe shopping with three kids. Molly eating her bow, Jay hiding under the bench...


CK getting her feet measured and trying on some new shoes. 
SIDENOTE: Mom of the year.... I wasn't going to have her feet measured, because I knew her size (she's been a 7 for a while now). But on a whim I decided the lady could- and she was an 8.5!!!!!!! Charley Kate, I am SOOOO sorry I've been cramming your feet into too small shoes! Ugh!


12:00... I forgot to take pictures at the play place, but here is Jay and one of his best buds at lunch at the mall. I did NOT support McDonald's today, but his friend and my friend (his mom) wanted it. I chose Chipotle! (not sure of the crazy faces here, but whatever)


12:30... Molly finally gives in and passes out- she was up for over 5 straight hours! 


12:45- Carousel rides at the mall! Charley Kate is on top and that makes me nauseous just watching her go round and round... 


... and so does Jay and Brooks spinning in the tea cup! These kids did NOT get my stomach!


1:15... in the car waiting for mom to load it up to head home. We acquired another kid so I had to get our extra booster all set up! 


1:30... Some relaxing time. Watching the new Paw Patrol episode! 
(I'm about to break the news to CK that it's nap time- this will be followed by a huge temper tantrum and scream-crying)


Meanwhile this girl is up and playing on the floor after her hour nap (in her carseat and stroller of course)


1:45... Finally win the battle with CK and get her down for a nap. She's in Jay's bed under the covers, but she's there and passed out. Unfortunately today is gymnastics and I have to wake her in 45 minutes. Argh. 


While CK naps and Jay and Brooks play, Molly gets some one on one time and a yogurt snack! 


2:30... Wake CK, change her for gymnastics, load the car with all four kids, and speed down Memorial to get to gymnastics on time. But wait- I am POOPED today (I'm looking at you Molly and your AWFUL sleeping patterns) so I drive through Starbucks (abnormal) for a pick-me-up. I must say, the Chestnut Praline Latte is delicious! 


2:45. Gymnastics! CK on the middle mat (by the coach) and Jay on the right mat at the far end. 


The babies play together while the moms chat!


3:45- Drop Brooks off at home, pop into our monogram shop to pick up a few things, then head to my oldest sister's to play and hang out. Molly likes their new swing! 


The cousins play (toys, trampoline, kinetic sand- you name it!). Not pictured is all of the kids- all 9 Houston grandkids and the three oldest daughters and my mom are all there. This is not atypical. We usually rotate between houses! My house is most popular in the summer because we have a pool!
(PS- we totally overstay our welcome and don't leave until 6! That's what sisters are for! Ha!)


6:30 and Daddy is running late. So we do baths before dinner instead of after while we wait for him. Gotta pass the time... 


Jay has declared he is over baths and only showers. But he doesn't like to play alone downstairs either, so he plays in the bathroom while the girls bathe and then hops in the shower while I dry them off and dress them. 


6:45- my dinner helper. Her spot. Every single day. 


Jay plays close by in the play room while I cook... 


And this girl sits on her perch (my hip) while I cook. Every single night. 


7:15- Daddy is home and changed and we are (finally!) eating dinner! Yes, it's a taco night. Lazy but it's one of the few meals every single kid will eat every single bite- so we have it more often than I'd like to admit! 


Not pictured... Bed time! I take Molly at 7:30ish (yes, my dinner is cut short- her afternoon nap was about 2 hours shorter than normal today!). Anthony finishes dinner with the kids then takes them up for bed. I get Molly down, he gets big kids down. I come downstairs and clean the kitchen and pick up all the toys. I start laundry. During all of this I go up three different times to get Molly back to sleep (Grrrr).


It's now 9:30 and I'm sitting on the couch relaxing for the first time today. Time to blog a little then hit the hay. But first, upstairs to get Molly down again. (Repeat to myself "It's just a phase.")



The days are long, but the years are short... I'm going to miss this one day, I just know it!

8 comments:

the blogivers said...

I'm sure I always say this, but I love reading these! Also, any time I read a "day in the life" post from a mom (stay-at-home or working outside the home), I am always exhausted after reading them... we sure do work our butts off, huh? ;)

Jenni said...

We have Taco Tuedsay almost every week. No shame!!

Brittany Sciba said...

Wow! That was a busy day. I love how you just added an extra kid in there… what's one more?!

Jason and Jenny said...

I LOVE these kinds of posts! Plus that pic of CK sitting on the stride right bench was precious. You sure do manage to pack a lot in with your kids. WOW! Keep these coming! And like Brittany said, way to throw another kid in there and just go with the flow with her in the mix. You rock!

ChelseaSalomone said...

These are my most favorite posts!! I need to do another one before the holidays and everything changes all over again. You look really pretty in these pics (not that you don't normally)-- also I love the white bookcase in the living room and your furniture. You are BUSY with three and I'm so jealous Molly will nap on the go, Everett just cries. But I feel ta with the baby on the hip!

Emily Peters said...

Love this!

SALAHUDDIN AHMED said...

Love to see a good family!
Maintaining the website or blog with good and quality content is one of the good way for make more visitors to our blog and also get the money from them by display the ad in our blog. Check us

Tracy said...

Love this post!