Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday Confessionals!

It's been a while, but good heavens I need to get some things off my chest...



Sorry about your luck, third child, but when a pacifier falls on the floor, it's likely going right back in your mouth. Immunity building is what I like to call it.

So when we went out of town to Austin my kids had three consecutive nights with no bath. Gross, I know. But they went swimming every day and chlorine kills germs and dirt, right?

Ok this is REALLY bad. And this is NOT the norm for me (I've never done this before!)... I often sign up to bring a meal to families with a new baby. The other day I made a YUMMY pasta dish that yielded a ridiculous amount of leftovers. Since we aren't huge leftover people, I packaged it up in a nice little container and used it as the meal for this family I signed up to bring food. In my defense, there was no chance of germs or anything (we never ate off the spoon then dipped it back to get more food or anything like that). Yes, it's awful. But it was so good and I wanted to share. Start judging now.

With the first two kids I was pretty worried about teaching them to sleep in their own cribs early on. Um, Molly is still snoozing in bed with us most nights. In fact, she has never laid a foot in her own crib, and maybe one nap in her bassinet. The rock and play or swing have been a life saver, and I'm not going to lie, she almost always is in our bed. I don't even consider us "co-sleeper" people, but it is what it is and we are all getting sleep at this point. I'll work on it tomorrow. Or next week....

Birthday parties can bring a LOT of presents. And often you have these courtesy invitees that don't really know your kid very well, so just grab some present off the shelf at the toy store (something we do often, no judgement). Anyway, I've NEVER returned a gift- until Jay's recent party. I returned three of them. Look, isn't it better to get him something he needs/wants as opposed to a gift that gets played with once? I feel bad. But not really.

Recently I bought a birthday present for a friend. When it came in the mail I realized it was meant to be with me and I kept it. I got them something else.

How is this for lazy (slash SUPER brilliant!)? I wanted to get Jay's and Charley's teachers Starbucks giftcards for the first day of school. I kept forgetting to grab them at the grocery store, and didn't want to make a quick trip into the store just for the cards. So I went to a Starbucks with a drive-thru and ordered them. Yup, that's right. Pure laziness but pure brilliance at the same time.

I gave my three and a half month old crackers on the airplane to keep her busy! I fed my baby table food. No grand rice cereal and breastmilk first. Crackers. On an airplane. At three and a half months. Ridiculous.



Alright, until next time when I can embarrass myself some more....

5 comments:

Lori said...

I had seriously considered ordering gift cards at Starbuck's drive thru for the same reason, but wasn't sure if that was allowed…instead I just never got the teachers a gift! You have inspired me to head to the drive thru!

kinsey said...

I always get gift cards in the Starbucks drive thru!! ;)

Kate said...

Hahaha! I love reading these!!

Casey Charles said...

I always love your confession posts. So real, so fresh!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Love these posts so much! And I don't think the left overs remeal idea is bad, I think it's genius!! Thought of you this morning. We were running late for school and Everett had just spit up on his pj's so I might have grabbed a dirtyISH outfit for him out of the laundry basket, thrown it on and we were on our way.