Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday Confessional

Almost missed my Wednesday time frame! Nothing like posting at 10:30 on a Wednesday night while I pump...



Last week we were heading out the door (running a little late) to drop the kids at school. I was scrambling trying to grab everyone's things and hurry the kids out the door. I realized Jay didn't have his shoes or socks on yet. I ran up to his room to grab his socks, and realized he was out of clean ones. Oh yes... I grabbed a pair from the dirty clothes basket and put them on him. He totally knew they were dirty too and asked me why he had to wear dirty socks. I prayed he didn't tell his teachers! (Funny enough this same day I got a blog comment from a friend saying she did this with her little one! Great minds think alike?!)

Our kids are so sweet and love to say the prayer before dinner each night. They each say it and then Anthony says one. There have been a few nights recently that I am so hungry and so tired that I quickly want to end their little prayer so that I can have my dinner. I haven't... yet... I know, I'm horrible.

I got a birthday present for a friend of Jay's today. I knew Jay would desperately want the present, so I went ahead and bought it for him (he doesn't know yet). There are just some battles that aren't worth fighting, and today this was one of them.

I found the best recipe for banana oatmeal muffins. I have found (more often than I'd like to admit) myself buying a bunch of bananas, eating one or two, and letting the rest sit just to make these muffins.

I recently downloaded and religiously started using the My Fitness Pal app. While this has helped me tremendously, it has also been a HUGE slap in the face to what I thought was a pretty good diet. Eesh. I input every single bite of food every day, and it can get pretty ugly. I have also found myself wanting to cheat regularly by not entering every single bite. Alright, let's be honest. I have actually left off a few Hershey's Kisses or M&Ms. On purpose.

I was SO excited about the "cooler" temperatures over the weekend that I actually made chili for dinner. Nothing says fall like chili in 88 degree temps!

I put this on FB, but it seemed worthy... I was FIRST in the carpool line at school today. I am not sure whether I should be extremely proud or extremely embarrassed that I have literally no life to sit in line for 35 minutes waiting for my kids. In my defense, it was either nurse Molly at home and be one of the last cars, or drive to the school, get in line, and nurse her there. Though I was ridiculously embarrassed when the directors of the school saw me there so early just waiting.

3 comments:

~Amanda~ said...

Hahaha!! This made me laugh!! Right there with ya on almost all of those!!

Dutka said...

We have parents lining up for parent pick up at 2:20. We don't start loading cars until 3:35. 35 minutes early is nothing! Lol

Kristi said...

We have a mom that always parks in the first spot of the slipway ridiculously early because her 23 month old son can't nap anywhere but in his car seat apparently. Now she has a 6 week old baby and this has become problematic.