Thursday, June 12, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I am sitting here looking at our newest family picture- the one that is at the top of our blog now.



I was noticing the fine lines around mine and Anthony's eyes. I am amazed that almost 11 years ago, we were just some young college kids about to give a relationship a try. I look back at how carefree and young and happy we were.



Never in a million years would I have imagined that I would one day marry Anthony Squillante. When I met him freshman year, I never even thought we could be friends. And slowly, in God's most perfect timing, our paths crossed and our friendship grew. And in that beautiful timing, He revealed that there was more than a friendship. Not too early- we had lots of growing up to do separately before we could ever grow together. But slowly this wonderful and spark-filled friendship and relationship emerged.

Here we are, 13 years after meeting, 11 years after starting to date, and 7 years after being married. And we have built this incredible family. Here we are, with our fine lines kissing our eyes and faces, surrounded by three precious beings that mean more to us than anything in the world.

With Father's Day coming up this weekend, I would be remiss not to mention the incredible father "that cute Sigma Chi football player" has become. If I could mold the greatest dad, it would be Anthony. That man has a passion for our family, our kids. He is a hard working, loving, supportive man and father. When I think about what I want my son to look like as a father, I picture his daddy.

It's funny how when you are young you just date. Especially at the beginning and when you are young, you don't question the type of father they will be. You don't ask questions on your dates of whether or not he believes in crying it out, or if he will spank or not. You just act giddy and flirty and think about what top to wear on your next date or whether or not he will call the next day or wait for the dreaded three day rule.

I am so beyond thankful to have found a man who shares my beliefs in raising kids. I am thankful for a guy who trusts me and follows my lead on certain issues, yet stands up for what he feels is right, too. I am so thankful for the dad that my children have. I truly couldn't have handpicked a better partner for me in this crazy child-raising process.

So Happy Father's Day to my wonderful guy- our kids are SO lucky to have you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really enjoyed that. I found another article about Father's day that I really also enjoyed.
http://blog.famtivity.com/a-fathers-day-gift-for-a-stay-at-home-dad/