Monday, May 5, 2014

First Real Swim of the Year!

My kids have gotten in and out of the pool several times so far (it's not heated, and even though it's been in the 80's in Houston, it's still WAY too cold!) this year, but nothing much more than playing on the steps or staying close by.

Well, last week, one afternoon, our precious neighbor Maggie came over for a visit. She's in 5th grade and the sweetest of sweet girls. My kids just adore her. Anyway it was hot, and they decided to go swimming. No way I was getting in that freezing water, but the three of them (plus Tex!) had a BLAST! She is SO good to them and I'm so thankful for her. Afternoons like this helped me to realize that we will survive throughout the summer with great helpers like her!








Bring on swim season! Except for the part where I just had a baby and refuse to be seen in a swimsuit all summer. Ugh. Oh well, I'll suck it up for my sweet kids I guess!

1 comment:

GranDeb said...

Love love Maggie!!! And her twin, Matt!! How fun that your kids get to have both of them!!!