Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Be Still

My Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my "free" days. Both kids are in school from 9-12 and this gives me time to run all of my kid-unfriendly errands- you know, stores with breakable things, doctor's appointments, and I might squeeze in a pedi every now and then (wink wink). 

Today I found myself with little to do after my doctor's appointment (more on that in a bit). I haven't scheduled much over the course of these next two weeks (obviously not knowing when this little darling could come kind of puts a damper on plans!). And I'm so paranoid about being unprepared that I'm overly prepared- I have had my bag (and Molly's, and Jay's and Charley's) packed for weeks. I have the bassinet set up in our room, diapers and wipes put away, and Molly's room set up. I am caught up on groceries and laundry and even "extras" that I know we will need at some point over the next month (dog food supply, teacher's gifts bought and ready to give, etc). 

So with about an hour and a half left of my time before I needed to get the kids from school, I decided to just sit and be still. 

I went to Panera and treated myself to the 1,000 calorie Broccoli Cheese soup and a lemonade. I sat on the patio by myself (it was insanely gorgeous weather yet again). I just sat. And I read things on my phone and sipped my lemonade and just enjoyed a little bit of "me" time. 

My free days are often spent jam packed with errands. I am insanely efficient when the kids are not with me. But today, I just decided to be still. I know in just a few short weeks (or days or whatever it may be), my "me" time will be nothing. And that this phase will last for what will seem like an eternity. The thought of not having a day "off" with all kids in school for a few years is absolutely terrifying to me. 

So today I was still. And I was so thankful for that. :)

3 comments:

Brittany Sciba said...

Those are the best kind of moments! So glad you got to sneak that in! On a totally unrelated note, I am pretty sure I saw your sister (the one with the boy and girl) at Bluefish the other day! I felt like such a stalker that I recognized her from only your blog! Ha!

the blogivers said...

In the midst of those rare moments, do you ever find yourself thinking: WHAT did I do with my time before I had children?!

GranDeb said...

Me time is good!! Glad you took it!!! ❤️