Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Sleep Update

I just realized that ever since moving the kids into the same bed, I haven't written an update on how they've been doing!

I wrote this back on April 1- that was a LONG time ago! We were three nights in... Boy, I had no clue what was in store for me!

To put it simply- amazing! 

We went from CK waking around 3-5 times per night to ZERO. Seriously. 

If she wakes up (I'm sure she does but she never calls out or makes a noise), she will look over and see Jay and go right back to sleep. I often find her on his pillow, snuggled into him, legs over him, and more! And that sweet boy is OUT so he doesn't even notice! 

It's absolutely been amazing!! 

It took about 3-4 nights to get used to it. She would still wake (and usually wake him too). I would go up, get them both resettled, and they'd fall back asleep. I think through those first nights it was 1-2 wake ups- so much better! After those initial days it just kept going uphill! I have been so thankful for the great(ish) sleep I've been getting- except for the potty breaks all night long of course. 

She has been waking early- and also waking him early (like 6ish)- which has been not great, but I will take the early wake ups for the solid, continuous sleep! 

And here are some of my favorite pics from the past month and a half- sleeping kids never cease to capture my heart!!


One of the first nights... 



I love the difference in the next two pics...
Jay is relatively controlled just snuggling his animals....

And CK is legit sleeping OFF the bed. Ha!

These next two are the last few with bed rails on...
She doesn't need them anymore and Jay hasn't had them in about a year or so!


This one gets me every time! 

 I wish I could figure out how to take pictures in pitch black without them turning out blurry on my iphone... Oh well! Love these two crazies!

3 comments:

Richeson's Hiatus said...

I love love love seeing your sleeping babies!

Tip for taking pics in pitch black, take your hubbies phone, use the flashlight on that (iphone?) and keep that on and take the picture with your phone with no flash. It allows your phone to focus with the right exposure uninterrupted.

Emily said...

Love this!!!

GranDeb said...

I love love love these sleeping pics!!!