Friday, May 16, 2014

39 Weeks Prego... Come on, Girl!

Look, being 39 weeks pregnant is no joke.

I am big, uncomfortable, tired, grouchy... all the things that go along with being at the very end of a pregnancy. I laugh at how I said at 37 weeks ("I'm still feeling great! I'm so blessed!"). Bah. That side of me hadn't been 39 weeks pregnant in a few years.

While I really DO feel good overall, I know I have felt/can feel better, so that's the frustrating part. And I laugh at the fact that when you AREN'T 39 weeks pregnant, it's so easy to say, "It will be over soon!" and "Hang in there!" and "You won't feel like this much longer." These are all true statements and all very logical! But when you are 39 weeks (or 40 weeks!) pregnant, each hour feels like a long time and has you wondering if it will be go-time soon or not. The logical part of my brain seems to shut down at this point! Ha!

Anyway, until this little princess decides to come, we are just filling our days trying to pass the time. The weather has been gorgeous and it's been wonderful to just sit outside (and feel cold!) and play and scooter and swing and jump. I am loving these last few days with my "big" munchkins and am cherishing all our time to just get up and go when we please! We have gone to a lot of lunches and playdates and toy store trips simply because we can! No timing around feedings or watching for germs.

I had my doctor's appointment the other day and I'm about 2-2.5 cm dilated and 75% effaced. My doctor said it's just an any-day thing right now and we are playing the waiting game. I think her words were, "You are just teetering on the border of going into labor any time!" We went ahead and scheduled my next appointment on Tuesday, but I pray pray pray I won't need it! Both kids came 3 days early, so I'm hoping Molly will follow suit on that one!

And because my mind is so totally consumed with all things about labor, I made this little chart and find it super interesting (because girls who are this pregnant find things like this interesting- while fully knowing that no one else does!)...

End of Pregnancy with Jay:
36.6 1/2 cm dilated
37.6 1.5 cm dilated, 70% effaced
38.6 2.5 cm dilated
Delivered at 39.4

End of Pregnancy with Charley Kate:
36.4 1/2 cm dilated, 50% effaced
37.4 1 cm
Delivered at 39.4 (I must have made no progress with her because I quit keeping track and was induced!)

End of Pregnancy with Molly:
35.5 1/2 cm dilated
36.5 1 cm dilated
37.5 1.5 cm dilated, 70% effaced
38.5 2-2.5 cm dilated, 75% effaced
Delivered ????


So yeah, there's that. I'm at the same point with Molly that I was with Jay. Just waiting...  :)



And lastly here are some pics because that's all I've got right now!


The point of this picture is not my extremely obese looking leg (?!), but the coffee cup in the perfect resting spot!

"Mom, take a picture of us with this guy! He has no head!!!"
Hahahah!

"Mom! This girl has no head either! Take a picture!"

These are things that you do when your kids wake up at 545!!! 
This was 715 and we were beginning to exhaust all of our options! :(


Last night... Ahhhh the cutest!

39 weeks, 1 day pregnant! 
Come ON, sister!!!
PS- I HATE mirror selfies. But this stomach is HUGE! 

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I'll give you that your belly is big, but NOTHING else is!! Thanks for the update cuz I was wondering, but didn't want to ask. I still have those "still no baby?" questions fresh in my mind!! Can't wait to "meet" Miss Molly!!

the blogivers said...

It will be over soon! Hang in there! You won't feel like this much longer.

Haha just kidding, had to type those just to be obnoxious :) I'm excited for you that you are so close, but I do remember how loooooong those last days feel, so I hope they go by as quickly as possible until Molly decides to come!

The Joiners said...

The stomach is huge but the rest of you is tiny!

Like Allison said, hang in there! It will be here before you know it! Enjoy the sleep while you can! Etc. etc. etc… you now have permission to punch me in the face :)

Brittany Sciba said...

You look amazing!! I hope for your sake that she comes SOON! Can't wait to hear about her arrival!

Leah said...

I agree that you totally do look amazing, and can I just be jealous for a second that your first two kids came early!?!?! Btw, I totally relate to this post. I feel like you are me, just three weeks ago. So excited for yall!!