Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Wednesday Confessional

My less than stellar moments of late...


I was picking up toys before dinner (and before Daddy got home) the other night in the den for like, 3 minutes. I knew Charley Kate was in my bathroom, but that's totally normal. I went back in there to pop in and check on her, and found her sitting in the cabinet, "lotioning up" with the tube of RETIN A!!!! She was so proud of herself- "Wook at me!" that I just didn't have the heart to scold her. That girl....



American Idol last week... Let's just say when they chose to save Sam I totally started sobbing. So so ridiculous! I was embarrassed for myself, and tried to hide it (unsuccessfully) from Ant. 


I was so pooped last week before nap time and after lunch that I loaded the kids in the car to "go see our cousin's houses" (code for drive around and watch the DVD player). At one point Jay asked why we were just driving around. My response? "Because buddy, I'm too tired to parent right now." At least I was honest, right?


Speaking of being so tired... I was the absolute epitome of lazy the other night. I was the perfect example of everything that is wrong with our country. I didn't feel like cooking dinner (lazy). So I called in a to-go order at this Greek spot near us. I drove to pick it up (lazy). Once I got there, I chose curbside pickup- I literally just called them once I pulled into the spot and they brought my food out to me!!!!! Laziest of lazy! It was awesome though....


It was gorgeous outside yesterday and Courtney and I decided to meet up for lunch with the kids. Allergies are crazy right now and the wind was particularly crazy. We decided to forgo the park or outdoor lunch place and just eat at chick fil a. That way we could sit inside and chat while the kids played. I felt wasteful of the gorgeous day, but it was a much needed catch up session! 


Until next time...

No comments: