Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Momma Turned 60!

How is that even a reality?!

I'm not gonna lie, when I was little, I remember my grandparents being 60 and thinking that was SOOO old! Now, I look at my mom and dad and aunt and uncle, and they are so young and vibrant and full of life that it seems like absolutely nothing! I mean, it's crazy to me that they are sixty. That number just sounds so old for some reason, but the people that are living those numbers are so NOT old... Does that even make sense??

Anyway, we had such a wonderful time spoiling my mom this weekend. Her actual birthday was on Saturday which was perfect. She requested no party, no surprises- just good ol fashioned family/hanging out time.

I knew one of the things that would mean the most to her was spending time with her daughters and sister. So we set out on a girls' morning and got pedis and lunched and laughed and talked! It was wonderful!!






After lunch a little shopping around, we all took some naps and got ready for the "party!" We went to this fabulous outdoor, live-music, super kid friendly place so everyone could be there! It was just the most perfect spot to celebrate her! Unfortunately my aunt has most of the pictures, but here are a couple!

Sisters! Makes me so excited for my girls one day! :)

Part of the venue (before the band was on)
Also a sand pit, big field to play in, etc... So fun!

One of the shots of table pre-decorations but eating apps! 

One of the cakes!
Gluten free carrot cake- my mom's fave (and she's celiac). 
One of the best cakes I've ever eaten. EVER. 

Costco cake for all the wussy palate people- JK! 

Singing!




It was a great day to celebrate a wonderful woman. You talk about someone who has sacrificed her everything for her family. We never lacked in love and attention and life-lessons. And she still gives her all to 7 (going on TEN) grandkids. I am so so thankful for a loving, Godly, servant-minded mother. She deserves the very very best! Happy birthday, Mom!

3 comments:

Brittany Sciba said...

What a sweet post!! She is blessed with such thoughtful daughters!

Jason and Jenny said...

Happy birthday to your mom! I didn't know she was a celiac! Always glad to hear of another one (not that I'd wish this disease on anyone but glad to have another in our club!) looked like a fun day!

GranDeb said...

That was such a sweet post, Courty!!! I had such a great birthday!!! Just like I wanted....family and fun!! I had really been looking forward to my day!! You made it perfect!!! 💖💖💖