Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Year's Difference!

It's absolutely crazy to me that I wrote this post exactly one year ago!

If you don't feel like clicking on the link, I'll paraphrase... I was having a TOUGH time parenting Charley Kate. I was at a loss, she was frustrated... it was an awful mess.

It's funny to me that it was a year ago to the day. A year ago I struggled as a mom. I couldn't figure out my baby girl. Through LOTS of trial and error and even more prayer, I can honestly laugh at that stage. We've come so, so far!



Charley is still Charley. She's stubborn and strong willed and can throw a tantrum. But I have her mostly figured out now. And you know what? She is just absolutely incredibly wonderful. That upset 14 month old probably had a lot more to do with a tired, run down momma of two kids 2.5 years old and under. She wasn't getting what she needed from me, and in turn she was so frustrated. And so was I.

Our little threesome (Jay, CK, and me) have our little world running pretty smoothly these days. We have our morning routines, we have our kinks worked out, we run errands like champs, we do fun things... I absolutely adore my little world right now. It's funny that I'm writing this because I know in a month everything will change. We will adapt. We will figure out the "new norm." But for now, I'm so thankful for what I've got.






I love my babies and can't wait to see what Molly adds to this mix.


1 comment:

Casey Charles said...

Isn't it funny how the "phases" can be so frustrating and all consuming but then in what feels like a nanosecond everything changes?! Very cool to be able to look back and see how far you have come. You're such a sweet and natural Mommy!