Thursday, April 3, 2014

10 Years in the Blink of an Eye

And just like that it's been 10 years since we've graduated from college. TEN YEARS!!!

This past weekend we had a little pledge class reunion/getaway weekend. We celebrated in the perfect place- College Station!

Because of the different stages of life everyone is in (either new babies or traveling the world!) it was hard to get lots of girls there. BUT, the ones who came had a blast catching up! We drove around the town, ate at some of our favorite old new places and tried some yummy new ones, visited our old houses/dorms, walked around campus and saw the changes, and hung out at the Chi O house. Ohhh my goodness, it was just amazing! Not to mention we stayed TWO nights with no kids- so that in itself was a treat!

I stayed up WAYYY too late each night getting to chat with my best friends in our PJs- I miss those days! I definitely came back more tired than I left because we were up so late each night, but it was totally worth it!

Courtney's sweet inlaws let us stay at their home there- which was beyond wonderful of them. Their house is beautiful and the perfect little getaway for these tired mommas!

Cute cookies Ryan brought!

Courtney's wonderful MIL had this waiting for us!

Lunch Saturday

Some of the group at the house!



We laughed at our old composite pictures (why did we think some of that stuff was cool?), told old stories, caught up with girls we hadn't seen in forever, and felt really old the entire time... It was PERFECT!


Of course the weekend flew by way too fast. I missed my sweet babies while I was gone, but was SO thankful for such an amazing husband to watch over them and let me have a little break. Can't wait for the next one!

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

I love it! Hope the Alpha Thetas do something similar next year ;)

The Joiners said...

Hootie hoo! Glad y'all had such a great time :)

Jack White said...

It is crazy how fast ten years can go by. It is good that you all are keeping in touch and having a reunion. Life is too short to not have fun with old friends as well as new. http://www.sixfiguremomsathome.com

Anonymous said...

I really respect you for being a stay at home mom. Being a mom is the the best job that you could ever have. Having kids definitely keeps you busy with a lot of work to do. Thank you so much for sharing your stories and experiences.

Eliza Lawrence | http://www.sixfiguremomsathome.com

Leah said...

SO fun! My sis was at the Chi O house and sent me pics of my composite pictures... It was truly awful.

Leah said...

**last fall she was there...

Brittany Sciba said...

SO fun!!! Sounds like a perfect weekend!