Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday Confessional

Yeah, so it's been a looooong time since I've posted some of these. I think it's because I've been performing so flawlessly as a mother that I haven't felt guilty about anything. Bwahahaha....



Anyway, here goes...


A few weeks ago I hosted our Bunco group at our house. The girls come at 7:30, so it's good timing for us to eat dinner and then send the kids and Anthony upstairs (out of sight) for baths and bed. I spent a few days before getting ready for it (snacks, drinks, decorations, etc...). I spent the better part of that day keeping the house picked up and setting things out (flowers included!). When it was time to feed my family, I decided I had to focus all of my attention on making things nice for the Bunco group that I ordered pizza for them and made them eat on paper plates. Mom/wife of the year right here, folks!


After Tex's surgery, the sweet nurses were giving me instructions on how to best care for him. They said they often like to keep dogs in his situation (both knees done at the same time) for two nights at the hospital instead of just one, but that it would ultimately be my call because they "knew I wanted my fur baby home as soon as possible." I couldn't get it out fast enough for them to keep him BOTH nights- I mean, come on! I've got a preschooler and toddler at home and a baby on the way! I don't need to care for ANOTHER being 24/7! I felt bad, but I knew Tex was in MUCH better hands with them watching him round the clock than with me at home. I tried to pretend like it was gut-wrenching decision for me. I'm sure they judged me.


I was so so proud of myself because my kids only ate junk for lunch ONE day this week! I'm not gonna lie- the past few weeks I have been in a lunch rut and just not in the mood to pack lunches while we are going to be out, or to stop errands, come home to eat, then head back out. So we've had a LOT of fast food lunches. But not this week! This week it was only one! I was so proud of myself I wanted to tell everyone- but then that meant confessing how often we had been doing it before.


For a while Anthony and I would split the nightly duties around here. One would bathe or play with the kids while the other did the dishes and picked up from the day. Now I do the dishes and pick up every. single. time. Oh, you think I'm complaining? Not at all. This is like 30 minutes of freedom each day where I can (finally) shut my brain off from kids for a while. Another ten weeks of this then reality will set back in with a newborn.


Someone asked me the other day if Molly's room was ready. Huh? OhmygoodnessItotallyforgottogetaroomreadyforher!!!! Shoot. So, I've been scrambling some to buy a few things for the nursery. Most of the nursery stuff was moved into Charley Kate's big girl room, so I figured I should get some more things (like decorations, curtains, etc...). Whoops- sorry third child. Just know that I'm helping you to become a more laid back individual.


After we've been out and about for a long time (walking at the rodeo, standing at a birthday party, ANYTHING that requires me to be on my feet for long periods of time) I find myself VERY excited to go to teetee so that I can SIT DOWN for a bit. Pressure with the third kid is no joke. I definitely take my time in there now.


We had two new (young) babysitters the other night (our usual was out of town- and she is now on strict orders to not have a life of her own in case we might need her for ourselves). We went to the rodeo and they were going to have to do play time, dinner, bath, and bedtime. My mom was on call just in case. Well, I got a text from one of the sweet girls at 8:20 saying both kids were refusing bed (my kids aren't actually allowed to "refuse" anything- grownups are the boss and what they say goes) and wanted my mom or me. Huh? So I quick texted my mom to head over to relieve them and put the kids down. My mom got there and got them down and then texted me back and said, "Don't rush home. Kids are asleep and fine!" Ummm, I hadn't even thought about getting up out of my seat. Whoops. Bad mommy.




Until next time...

3 comments:

Casey Charles said...

Yea! These are my favorite posts! Maybe because I relate so well...and then some!

Maggie Coleman said...

Haha love this post! I will never ever leave y'all again!

Kate said...

Hahaha I love reading these!!