Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Good Golly!!

I figured it was about time we revealed baby girl's name to the world- we have had it chosen since the end of January!



Molly June Squillante!


As I've mentioned before, we take baby naming very seriously in our house. I mean, it's something that will be with them FOREVER! We try to imagine our kids being called these names when they are babies, teenagers, and adults. We look at what nicknames could possibly be taken from them and also what their initials could make (I had a friend growing up who had the initials A.S.S.- why did her parents not think of that?!?!). We don't necessarily stick with a style or "genre" of all our names- just what feels right or good with each kid. 

While Anthony and I mostly agree on boy's names, we have polar opposite thoughts on girl's names. This proved to be even more difficult this time around with our second girl. 

Molly was one name that kept popping up over and over throughout all three pregnancies- one name we loved each time. We figured since it remained a steady favorite over three pregnancies and four years, it was a keeper. The tough part was figuring out the middle name. We had several different thoughts, but with a double L in the middle of her name plus a double L in the middle of our last name, we knew we needed something short and specific. We narrowed it down to two names, and ultimately felt this middle name suited this baby better! Both middle names had family connections, so that made it even more difficult. But the special thing about June is that it is my mother's middle name, and that makes it even better!

We have been calling her this for about six weeks now, and love having a name to tell our kids. It makes it seem so much more real to them- they talk to Molly June and kiss her and call her by name. They tell others what her name is and pick out clothes and diapers and blankets for Baby Molly. I think this really helps older kids become acclimated to a new baby in the family! 

I've also gone a little crazy with the amount of monogramming I have already done! Oops! Here is a little sampling of what I bought the first week we decided on her name... Heh!



So at 30 weeks pregnant, we are (sort of) ready and waiting for this baby girl! 


Good Golly Miss Molly!! 




14 comments:

the blogivers said...

I love it!!! Molly has always been a favorite of mine, but it was decided that Molly Oliver was a bit of a mouthful :) great choice!

Jules said...

I love that name ( so much) and love all the monogrammed goodies!! You can never have too many :) I'm so excited for you!

Kimberly Hixon said...

Love, love, the name!! Can't wait to meet her!!

Kate said...

I love it!!!! Soo cute!!!!

Renee Motl said...

Sweet! The dresses are precious! Specially the one in the middle with the blue M at the bottom of the dress! We didn't think that much about names. Brandon James is a great name. We are glad with our choice...But him intials are B.M. :(. He'll have to use BJM all his life :) :(

Love you!

Brittany Sciba said...

LOOOOOOVE IT!!! Molly is one of my very favorite girl names and it's also the name of my very favorite student ever (even though we're not supposed to have favorites)! :) I also love June and love that it's your mom's middle name! So special! I also love that all your kid's names end in Y! So much to love here. :)

Emily Peters said...

LOVE!!!! That was one of my top names too!!! She is going to be so stinkin' cute!!! :-)

Casey Charles said...

Precious name!

Gable said...

love it! I named my little sister Molly when I was 4. it's obviously been a lifelong favorite:) Congrats to you guys- 3 kids...WOW!

Maggie Coleman said...

I already love Molly June so much!!!!!! Xoxoxo

The Joiners said...

Love it!! And I think MJ is a cute nickname, for what that's worth :)

Leah said...

I think she's gonna be a sweetheart! Love the name!

GranDeb said...

Of course I love love love the name!!! And I am so honored!!! 💖💖💖

J & J Brymer said...

So sweet and special!! We almost used June but it classes with big brother's name since they'd be too similar! Sooo precious!