Sunday, March 30, 2014

32 Weeks with #3

32 weeks pregnant makes it seem like I could have the baby tomorrow! Of course, not really, but it seems so far along and so real. I mean, honestly, only 8 weeks left?! Only 8 weekends to go?! Eek!

It's hard to believe that Molly will be making her debut within two months. Are we ready? Ready or not, I guess... Things are really starting to hit me- can we handle three kids? What are we going to do with our little non-sleeper Charley Kate? How am I going to make it through the day after being up all night with a newborn and chasing two toddlers around during the day? Are we ready to give up our "freedom" of nights out with a babysitter, day-time freedom while the kids are in school, or just being able to sit and chat and visit with friends while our kids entertain themselves?! Yikes- it's all so scary to think about!

But I know the blessings and future friendships that comes with adding another baby to the family far outweigh the scary times. I just can't believe it's so soon!


I am honestly feeling so great. I think I really hit a good stride between 28-32 weeks. I've been feeling physically and mentally great. Things are going really well right now. I am big and feel uncomfortable- but nothing major. Sleep is just one of those things that I get when I get- it's never long and consistent periods but I feel like that's been my life for the past 4 years, so there's really nothing new there.

I had some real contractions the other night and the closest they got were 20 min apart. Nothing alarming of course, but I know for sure they weren't Braxton Hicks. It was funny because every time I feel a BH contraction (which is OFTEN), I wonder, "Will I remember what a real one feels like?" And the other night, I definitely knew. They are WAY different.

I've had two doctor's appointments since my 28 week- I'll go every two weeks from 28 weeks to 36 weeks. Weight gain is about 18 pounds so far, blood pressure is great (higher than the past, but still normal- 120/80... I'm usually about 100/60), and baby is measuring on track and head down (woohoo!).

I'm not gonna lie, I've been thinking about it a lot, and I'm going to be really bummed if I have to have a c-section this time around. Of course, if it's medically necessary I understand that- and I 100% trust my doctor. But man, after two vaginal deliveries I would be so bummed to have to change it up. This is one of those things that isn't in my control- but I really wish it was.


So that's about it. Just trucking along here. Enjoying my last few weeks of "freedom" from a newborn!



32 Weeks with Jay!

32 Weeks with Charley Kate


4 comments:

the blogivers said...

Lookin' good and time is flying! And I know you will adjust to having the 3rd just as well as you did to having 1 and then 2 :)

Jules said...

You make pregnancy look good!! You are going to be a great Mama to 3! If there is one person that I think would make it look easy- it's YOU! You've got this :) Can't wait for Molly to be here!

Michelle said...

32 weeks happened so fast!!! You look beautiful!

Leah said...

Cute bump mama! Home stretch!