Monday, December 9, 2013

Hurricane Demoted to Tropical Storm

I know "Hurricane Charley" gets a bad rap sometimes, but honestly, that is such a small part of her these days.

She has turned into the sweetest, most snuggly, loving little girl. Her personality is just unfolding daily and her precious sense of humor is endearing. Sure, she can throw a mean temper tantrum, but now that we've figured out the "language of Char," we are all better off!



She is talking so much and this has reminded me how much I love this stage! I love that she can express herself and her thoughts. I love that this gives me a teeny glimpse into her precious mind. I love that I am getting to see her personality develop on a daily basis.

She is the epitome of girly-girl. She loves baby dolls (feeding them, changing their diapers, rocking them to sleep, putting them in their beds). She loves jewelry and purses and accessories and has the mindset of "never too many accessories!" She loves having tea parties with anyone that will join her. She loves makeup and makeup brushes and shoes. She loves bows and barrettes. And she loves all things princess- in fact that's what she's told Santa she wants for Christmas. Princesses!





But she also loves climbing, throwing, jumping, doing gymnastics, playing basketball, and watching football with Daddy. She doesn't mind getting dirty and playing with the boys. And she's independent. Boy, she's incredibly independent! Her favorite phrase is, "No mommy! I do it myself!" Ha!



And I don't know WHERE she gets this from- but she LOVES to perform. If she is the center of attention in a room, she can play it up! She will sing and dance and do tricks for everyone. She knows how to work a room and knows when all eyes are on her. Girl loves the spotlight!



She is just my princess and my girl. She loves to hug and give kisses. She probably kisses me one million times a day. And as soon as Daddy gets home from work, she charges him screaming, "Daddy Kisses!"




We are just so enamored with this girl. We love her to pieces and can't imagine our world without her- big brother included. In fact he told me yesterday, "Charley Kate is my best friend!" Love love love.




Sweet Char, we love you so much, pumpkin! You have made our world so much brighter!


1 comment:

Beth Trent said...

What a sweet little girl. That stage may be tough, but it is also one of the most exciting and enjoyable. Filled with so many firsts! It is wonderful you are tracking these wonderful memories!