Monday, November 25, 2013

MaTricia

Ummm... so yeah, we might have created a monster.


We have a wonderful housekeeper that comes to our house every Friday. She is an older hispanic woman that we love dearly- Mrs. Patricia. She has been with us for two years and we truly think the world of her. I love her, my kids adore her, and my husband loves the work she does (hard to please an OCD man- so when you've got a good one you hang on tight!).

We all love Friday afternoons after she comes. Everything smells good and looks good. We do a really great job of picking up on a constant-multi-times-a-day basis, so when she comes she does the deep cleaning (dusts the tops of fans, cleans the baseboards, etc...).

Ok, I digress- this post is not about defending why we have a cleaning lady, there really is a point to this...

So, since my kids still nap every day I find it somewhat pointless to make their beds twice a day (and since they can't do it, it would be all me). But Mrs. Patricia makes their beds. And she lines all Jay's animals up creatively. And apparently he loves it. Anyway, last week after she came, Jay climbed into a freshly made bed. And once he snuggled under, he said, "Oh mommy, I LOVE when MaTricia (Mrs. Patricia put together) comes. I love how she does my bed!" It was pretty cute. I explained that if he wanted to help out we could start making his bed everyday. But being that I'm pregnant and exhausted, nothing ever came of that.

Anyway, last night (not a Patricia day) he walked into his room for bed time and we flipped the lights on. All of a sudden he started saying, "Ohhhhh no!!!!! NOT AGAIN! Oh great!" Anthony quickly said, "Dude, what's the matter?!"

And Jay's response was priceless....

*huge SIGH*  "Our cleaning lady forgot to make my bed again today! Ugh!"



And that folks marks the beginning of our "learn to make your own bed" stage...

5 comments:

Kate said...

Haha priceless!!

the blogivers said...

Ha, that is awesome!!

Jules said...

Jay and Bennett are soooo much alike! :) Cute story!!

Meagan said...

Haha. So cute. Preslie started asking if Angela could come clean up her playroom when she was done (as if I don't on a regular basis, ha). If anyone is running the vacuum and she isn't in the room, she gets so excited and screams, "Angewah is here!!!!" We then break it to her softly that it is just us. :) love toddlers.

The Moriarty Family said...

hahaha, I really belly laughed :) I need a Ms. Patricia in my life!!