Thursday, November 14, 2013

Finding a Ring

The other day we were hanging out playing at home. I was picking up intermittently while the kids watched TV and played toys.

At one point, Jay was sitting on the chair watching something on TV (Umizoomi maybe?) and said, "Come lay on me, momma so I can snuggle you." 

I have never moved faster. 

He put his sweet arms around me and situated us just right. Not a chance I was moving even if a hurricane was coming. I eventually pulled out my phone to take a selfie- I couldn't pass this up. 




I mean, are you kidding me?! We sat for a while and giggled and talked while we watched the show. I just relished the moment for as long as possible. 


Eventually we both got up and went about our playing/cooking dinner business. About thirty minutes after our snuggle session ended, he saw me pass through the room to drop something in the hamper. 

He called out, "I'm gonna marry you, momma!" 

I seriously wanted to die right then. I love that boy so much. I mean, more than so much. I feel like I know how much God must love us. My heart just bursts thinking about my children. 

Charley came over and we all three (four including Baby S!) snuggled a bit longer. Jay loved my reaction when he initially told me, so he said it a couple more times. Charley said it, too. Then I asked her if she was going to marry Daddy, and she shouted, "Yes!" So they just kept saying over and over, "I'm going to marry, Momma!" "Charyey marry Daddy!" 

Once Anthony got home and we all sat down to dinner, I said, "Jay, who did you say you were going to marry?" He replied mommy (and Charley piped in that she was going to marry daddy which just melted Ant). 

After a few minutes Jay furrowed his brow, and in a very upset tone said, "But I don't know where to go buy you a ring, Mom!" 

I mean, future-wife, you are a LUCKY lady! This guy has got it! 

Anthony chuckled and told him he would help him find a place. Jay was very satisfied with that answer. 



Lord, please don't ever let this little boy lose this. What a treasure he is. 

6 comments:

Emily Peters said...

OH!!! I LOVE this!!! Carson comes and climbs in bed with me most mornings since Andrew leaves SUPER early for work and ALWAYS says he wants to "snuggle me" or wants me to hold his hand.... how are we so lucky to have the sweetest little boys!!

The Torno's said...

That is just precious. I'm trying not to tear up at my desk!! Love the snuggly and sweet moments!

Kimberly Hixon said...

Absolutely precious!!! Definitely a moment to treasure forever!!!

Gillian said...

Heart melter!! That is seriously the cutest thing I've read in a long time. So sweet.

Jason and Jenny said...

What a sweet post :)
It's those moments that you never want to lose and make your heart feel like it will burst into a million pieces before growing back bigger just so you can love them more

Brittany Sciba said...

SO SO SO precious!