Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Nailed It!

Ok, last night I made the best tasting soup ever! Anthony said it's his favorite he's ever had, so I'm gonna go with a WIN on that one! Plus, it made a TON! I froze half of it for a rainy day and we ate a ton and have leftovers for lunch today! Yes!

Here is the original recipe I went from. I changed a few things, so I will post my recipe below... Enjoy (and you will!)!


Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


Ingredients:

7 C chicken broth (7 is the number because that's all I had! It calls for 9- oops!)
2 C water
1/2 C diced onion
1 C diced carrots
1 C diced celery
3 C cooked wild rice
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/3 C flour (I used gluten free)
2 C half and half (I used about 1 1/2 C fat free half and half and 1/2 C 1% milk and it was great)
salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste
Rotisserie chicken shredded (I only used 1 1/2 breasts)


Directions:
Combine broth and water and bring to boil. Add onion, celery, and carrots and reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add rice and cook for 5 more minutes. In a small bowl, stir together flour and 1 cup water with garlic, salt, pepper, and any other additional seasonings you might like. Stir until smooth, then slowly add to big pot- stirring constantly. Bring to a boil for about a minute. Slowly add half and half, stirring constantly. Add chicken. Mix well. Heat through and serve.

**I made this while my kids were napping and let it sit and absorb all the flavors until dinner time. I just turned the stove to simmer about thirty minutes before dinner and it was delicious (much better that way then when I tasted it right after combining everything).

Here is my very non-professional, putting it into freezer container, picture. I realized after we served it that I needed to share the recipe on the blog and thought any picture is better than no picture. Delicious y'all!


3 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds delish...I'll have to remember this when it's full on winter around here! /-:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Printing this out to make next week!!!! Nick seems to think soup does not qualify as a meal but I showed him the picture and told him Anthony loved it so he's willing to try it =)

Mindy Rives said...

Simmering on the stove right now! Smells great!