Monday, September 23, 2013

I'm a Wimp.

I'm such a wimp.

You know why? Because I miss my kids while they are at school. I hate that Jay spends half his week away from me. I hate that Charley spends two days there.



I hate that we can't just pick up on any day and have an adventure. I miss our summer. I knew at the beginning of the summer that I was going to love having them everyday. But I didn't realize just how much.




I miss going to the zoo on a random Tuesday or going to Austin mid-week. I miss play dates with friends all the time and hitting up our favorite play places. 




More than anything, I just miss my babies. I love their company. I love watching them learn and discover and play. I love teaching them things and taking long morning walks. I love watching their personalities unfold and their senses of humor develop.






I know school is SO good for them. And I truly love and trust their teachers to no end. They love their friends there and seeing how incredibly independent Jay has become is amazing. This is good for them. I know it is. 

But I still miss them terribly during the day.






I can't even imagine how I'm going to be when they leave for college. Yikes! 

2 comments:

Jules said...

We are just going to have to pray that our kids go to college somewhere close, and then we can move there! Kidding... kind of :) I know exactly how you feel. I live for the weekends now and cherish our time together so much more now! Cute pics!

Meagan said...

I totally know that feeling! I get SO excited every single time Preslie runs through that door to hug me when she comes home or I go get her. Since I had Blakely in May, we really didn't get to have the super fun summer like we had last year (we actually enrolled her in a summer program due to the move and new baby) and I missed it everyday for all of the reasons you said. The positive that I have is that I do have little Blakely home with me and the time where Preslie is away gives me alone time with Blakely! :)