Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Getting Crafty!

I have had the crafty bug lately. I don't have a ton of time to do things, but with making some changes to the house and Charley's room, I have been inspired to do a couple of things lately (instead of just buying them on Etsy!).

I told Anthony he could thank me for saving him $$$. Seriously, some of that stuff is EXPENSIVE!


Front Door "Wreath"
Yes, I realize it looks like a peacock. Whatever. It's cute. 

Owls that are now framed and hanging in her room. 


Letters I painted and put on a backdrop and framed. 
The picture is deceiving in colors.
AND I have since straightened the frames (this pic was just originally for my little sis!).
I SWEAR in real life they are straight and bright/cute. 

This tasted MUCH better than it looked.
I used gluten free flour (for my mom) so it made the cookie part SUPER crumbly.
But the icing was incredible. YUM. 
Plus, I was too lazy to think it out and use equal strawberries/raspberries.
When your audience is kids and family members, it's hard to care too much about looks :)



Yes, I realize it's nothing too special and projects that were completed in little time. BUT, I love making/creating things and seeing the final products gives me joy. Once I get my kids sleeping and napping perfectly (ha!!), I plan to do LOTS more and get my creative juices back. Until then, this will do!

2 comments:

Brooke C said...

I'm in love with all of your DIY decorating! Too cute!

the blogivers said...

Look at you, Martha Stewart! Can I bug you to tell me how you did the owl pics (or send me a link if you used a tutorial)?? We are not changing much in the nursery for Avery, but I have a couple of pieces of wall art I need to change out and I am tempted to steal your owl idea (if you don't mind, of course)! :)