Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Whew!

We are finally on a down day in the middle of a whirlwind couple of weeks!

As I mentioned here, we took a last minute, impromptu road trip to Austin to stay with my sister and her kids. Her husband was out of town for a weeks for a trial, and she needed some company! So we went and had a great time. It was crazy, exhausting, and fun all at the same time. It's definitely more fun to have a partner to deal with the chaos of daily life.

Once we came home last week, we had a couple "normal" crazy days- grocery shopping, playdates, regular stuff.

Then, Kiki and Aaron and their kids (the sister in Austin) came in for the weekend and beginning of the week. We had lots of cousin play time, lots of fun grown up time after the kids went down, and lots of mass chaos! :)  

Jay even had his first "sleepover!" Cousin Owen slept with him in his bed each night they were here, and one night cousin Josh even spent the night and all three boys (2.75 yrs, 7.5 yrs, and 9 yrs) slept in Jay's room together. It was SO sweet and kind of made me a little weepy. Ha! Oh, and did I mention that when Owen slept in Jay's bed Jay NEVER got out of bed in the middle of the night?! I'm thinking of investing in a blow up doll to pretend it's a person in there! I kid, I kid....

The Fountains left for Austin today, my cleaning came and worked her magic today, and we are getting ready for the Squillantes to come in town tomorrow night! Anthony and I are (gasp!) taking a trip together for the first time in about a year! I. Can't. Wait. I haven't had a night away from the kids since September- I am so beyond excited to get sleep and be lazy! Eek!

Here are some pics from the past week to keep you abreast of our lives... Exciting stuff, I tell ya!


Charley and Auntie JJ at Boogie Down Brittmoore.
This is a tradition where the fifth graders at my nephews' school (and my old school), walk down the street on the last day of school to the neighborhood pool for their pool party.
On the way, parents and students (and us!) line the streets and launch water balloons and water guns at them!
It's a BLAST! 
Charley's holding her balloon waiting! 

CK's first real splash pad experience (I don't count last summer when she could hardly sit up as real!)
She LOVED it! 

This girl LOVES to be out and about!

Wyatt and Jay

Drinking the splash pad water. Gross. 

Charley ready for her nap. 
The scale must have looked comfy. 

Sad this one's blurry. 
Slip n slide fun at Auntie JJ's house. 


Charley was OBSESSED with getting water from the little sprinkler holes. Ha!

Swinging at Auntie JJ's. 
Did I mention how awesome it is to have sisters?!



Shopping with mommy at TJ Maxx. 
Yes, my little hooligan with no shoes on around the store. Sigh...

Josh is SO good to my kids. They LOVE snuggling with him. 



Here's to another FUN week ahead!

No comments: