Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday Confessions

I cried at Target today. I was trying to buy a new coffee maker (our hand-me-down Kuerig went kaput) and I was letting Charley take shampoo bottles off the shelf and put them back on while I made my decision. She was on the end of the aisle and I was on the aisle. A guy who worked there walked by and rudely said, "Child, where is yo mama and why she lettin you destroy my store?" I jumped out and said, "She's right here about to spend a lot if money at your store and will make sure the bottles are cleaned up when she's done." I was SO mad that he was fussing about something so small! I ALWAYS clean up any messes my kids make places! Then as I was buying said expensive coffee pot, Charley was holding and playing with the pen for the credit card machine. As I was waiting for the woman to remove the security tag, another worker walked up and said, "Ma'am, please get your child to put the pen down." I felt like the WORST mother ever and started tearing up. I just wanted to shout, "What is wrong with you people?! I'm a good mom!" Overly emotional at Target? Guess so. But you question my parenting skills and its on...

My kids had McDonald's lunch two days in a row!!!! A play date on Monday with Wyatt W and a play date on Tuesday with Wyatt R. Thankfully, the eating was minimal and the running around was plentiful. And Charley and I shared an oatmeal twice. Not THAT bad! :)

My kids were pretty over egg hunting by our family hunt (their fourth!!) on Easter. Note to self- make ours one of the first next year!

We played in the (cold!!) rain for 20 minutes tonight waiting for Daddy to get home. Colds and sickness here we come!

I changed out a bunch of pictures in frames for the first time in years (some over 5 years!). Some were so old the pictures stuck to the glass. Oops.

We have Jay's school carnival this weekend (not a real carnival- just some cheesy games in the parking lot). We were supposed to be in Dallas this weekend but decided not to go last minute. I am totally skipping out on the carnival anyway. Sounds like a lot of chasing and work to me... Just call me Scrooge.

I am having Michelle (my little sister) withdrawals. It's only been like a month since I saw her last, but it feels like forever. :(

I haven't changed my kids' sheets in over two weeks. That's just disgusting.

I need a night out 😊

8 comments:

J & J Brymer said...

Awwww Courtney! I totally know what you mean- I get comments like that, too. But you're an incredible mama! And I let J sign the credit card machine with me everytime we go to the store! He loves the pen, and I like to help him feel like he's involved. You're great!

Emily said...

Shoot... thanks for the sheets reminder!! haha :-)

the blogivers said...

Sorry about your crummy Target experience :( hopefully you at least got a good coffee maker out of it! :)

Sarah said...

Aww, poo on that Target man! What is it with store workers always feeling the need to tell people how to parent!! Grr.

Gillian said...

Hugs to you! I had the worst encounter with a stranger last Friday at a restaurant who thought she should comment on my child's behavior. I cried and shook so hard my husband had to literally carry me out. It was awful. I don't know why people feel the need to make such rude comments! Big hugs!!

Tasha said...

We certainly don't live in a kid friendly society, and it drives me crazy!

gigemnat said...

You are a great mom and don't question it!! Random tid bit, I don't know what happened to your keurig but I have had THREE go out on me. The first time I bought a new one, then when it happened again someone told me bed bath and beyond (where I had bought it) exchanges them with no problems. I literally was in and out within five minutes with my new one in hand. Just FYI if you still have it...

Casey Charles said...

Ugh...those Target people deserved for Mama bear to come out! That would make me so mad!