Sunday, April 7, 2013

Meals

A few of my friends have started posting their meal planning for the week. I love this idea (and love stealing ideas from them!).

I have been meal planning for the last year or so... and I really like the idea. I think it saves money and if I can do it ahead of time it's less grocery store trips and more healthy ideas.

I also have it somewhat easy because I only cook four (maybe five) nights a week. My rule is that I will cook during the week, and we can eat out on the weekends. It's worked great for us! Plus, Sunday night dinner is almost always spent with my family at my parents' house. It's like our Southern Tradition- everyone goes over to my parents and we cook a big meal- grilling out, or cooking, or a combination of the two. And Friday nights we almost always hit up one of the local Mexican food joints nearby- either with my parents or friends. Saturday night is up in the air. We might entertain here, or go out with friends...

Anyway.... I will try to post links to as many recipes as I can. Some might not have them, so sorry  :)  Google it if you want! Ha!


Monday
Cauliflower crust pizza and salad (thanks for being the guinea pig, Mindy!!!)


Tuesday
Poppyseed chicken with steamed broccoli
Recipe:
Rotis chicken pulled apart (I only use the breasts)
Frozen broccoli
1 8 oz sour cream (I use low fat)
2 cans cream of chicken (instead of this I am trying greek yogurt with chicken broth this time- hopefully it will turn out ok!)
3 Tbsp poppyseed
1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed and mixed with 3/4 stick melted butter for topping (I will be using panko bread crumbs and 1/4 stick butter instead)

Mix all together (except bread crumbs) and put in casserole dish. Sprinkle crumbs on top. Bake at 350 for 20-30 min until warm throughout.


Wednesday
Italian meatballs with gluten free pasta and sauteed spinach (Thanks Jenni!!)


Thursday
Chorizo and egg breakfast tacos with fruit kabobs




Hope you might get some ideas from this! And I hope I can start doing this post weekly!  Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Mindy Rives said...

Squeeze the junk out of the cauliflower! Hope y'all like it!

Jenni said...

We are having those meatballs this week, too! I made a double batch last time, so I just have to pull them out of the freezer! (c:

Michelle said...

I love seeing everyones meal plans! I have tried so many new recipes b/c of them. The poppyseed chicken sounds so good!