Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday Confessions

Charley has worn the same Easter outfit four times in one week. I know that's a lot, but it's PRECIOUS and wasn't super cheap so I wanted to make it worth it. Shockingly I washed it after each time (only because girlfriend gets SO dirty!).

I know FOUR people that are pregnant and due within a week of each other! I don't know what was going on at the end of January, but SOMETHING was exciting!!

I really really hate to admit this, but I have used leftovers as a meal two separate times in the past two weeks. I take pride in the fact that I cook EVERY weeknight. I also hate having the same thing so close together. But between busy schedules and exhausted momma- we've had 'em. Twice. Oops.

Two of my mom friends in Jay's preschool class made cute Easter baggies for the kids in the class. I didn't. Best part is, they told me they were doing it WHILE I WAS SHOPPING AT TARGET- which means I totally could have thrown something together and joined in. But I didn't. Lazy.

I didn't let Charley take a morning nap today because I had too many errands to run while Jay was in school. So awful of me!

I drove 25 minutes to take my kids to a particular Chick-fil-a for lunch yesterday. There is one five minutes from us. But this other one has the BEST indoor playground that both Charley and Jay love (which is hard to accommodate both!). I was so embarrassed how far I went that I didn't even tell my sister/mom/husband for fear they would think I had lost my mind.

I am stressing about how much my family will clash in our (one) family Easter photo on Sunday. Charley is wearing colorful polka dots, Jay in purple plaid/window pane, and me in coral polka dots. Who know what Anthony will throw in the mix, but I DO know our eyes will go nuts when we see a family photo! Oh well...

Jay isn't the overly aggressive, physical kid. Don't get me wrong- he's plenty athletic and strong/physical/talented- but he just doesn't have much of an interest in playing so physical with other kids (wrestling, tackling, chasing, shoving, kicking). This isn't a bad thing, but I know as he gets older the boys will get more physical. So today when we were at lunch with four other boys Jay's age (Charley was the only girl as usual), it pleased me to watch Jay tackle and wrestle with the boys. Then a SWEET little boy from Jay's class showed up. Jay was SO happy to see him. After the initial hello Jay ran off then came back and LAID THE KID OUT. Full body tackle. It was actually perfect form. Once we figured out the kid was ok and I did my parent duty of lecturing, I smiled to myself happily for finally getting to see that side of him. :)

I just emailed Anthony making sure it was ok to make a big-ish purchase off Zulily. He said yes so easily and quickly that I felt guilty for the purchases I made YESTERDAY on Zulily that he hasn't seen yet. Total guilt.

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

I hope this will help you get over your leftover guilt: I cook a big dinner ONCE a week, and then we eat leftovers for the rest of the week... all the time.

Jenni said...

We eat leftovers all the time, too! We try to cook only every other day!! (Weekends are usually the exception since we have more time in the evenings.) What do you do with all your leftovers?! I'll move in next door and you can give them to us! (c: