Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's Here!

Has it really been a year since we welcomed this precious child into our world?



A year ago last night we were kissing our first-born goodnight and I was anxiously trying to stay busy enough to make myself tired enough to fall asleep. I was so scared about being induced the next morning! How would our lives change? How could I mother two kids? How much would it strain Anthony and me? Would Jay be ok? Would Charley be a calm baby or would I get another fussy one? Could I nurse her and care for him? How did I carry two babies up and down the stairs all day long? How would the delivery go? would she be healthy? I was terrified!



We went in the next morning and it all started. By the afternoon we had our sweet baby girl! What a true blessing it was! All those feelings of being nervous just went out the window- because all that mattered was that Charley Kate was ours. Everything else would fall into place.





She was the most incredible baby! To the point where I scoffed and thought, "People think having two is hard?!" She slept and was content. She went with the flow. She was a dream!



Then one of my friends brought me back to reality saying, "Wait until she starts to move!" And I laughed thinking about how Jay did everything so early that Charley would wait and do things later. And then that precious girl proved us wrong and did things even earlier than her brother!



That sweet little girl started developing her own personality. She had a silent laugh for the longest time and a smile that was mesmerizing! Her big blue eyes caught everyone's attention.



She started moving and became a feisty little girl. Spunky is her middle name! We love her personality and love the fact that she can stand up for herself already!



She has brought us more happiness than we could have ever dreamt. We feel so whole as a family. We thought we had it good before her- we didn't even know what we were missing. Charley Kate has brightened our lives tremendously. This last year has given us more joy, more happiness, and fuller hearts than we ever imagined possible.




I am so thankful for my children and all the pure joy they give me every day. I love this little girl so much and can't wait for the memories we will make together over the years. Happy first birthday baby girl. It is truly an honor to be your mother.


6 comments:

the blogivers said...

So sweet :) happy 1st birthday, cute girl!

J & J Brymer said...

this makes me want to cry... love this sweet girl and the blessing she is to your family.

Jenni said...

Like I said on facebook (and I am sure you have said a million times yourself!), I cannot believe she is 1 already! Hope y'all have had a fabulous day celebrating your little doll!

Brittany Sciba said...

Such a sweet post! She's so beautiful! Happy birthday Charley! :)

Meagan said...

She is adorable! Love those beautiful blue eyes!

The Torno's said...

Happy Birthday Charley Kate!