Thursday, February 7, 2013

Guess She Was Tired?

After school the other day it was raining and I wanted to let the kids play not in the house where they would tear everything apart and be crazy somewhere fun, so we went to our McDonald's.

It's usually the same crowd during the day- lots of stay at home moms and kids and/or nannies and the kids. Pretty easy crowd.

Well, that day, a woman came in with her four year old daughter. The daughter went to play and the mom put her head down on the table and left it there for a while. Being that I have some of the youngest kids there, I am usually on the play area with them to watch them. This little girl was desperately craving some attention, so she started talking to us.

After a while, the little girl went over to her mom and started asking her a question. I couldn't hear what was said (and you know I was eavesdropping), but I did hear the mom reply, "Honey, go play. I'm tired and need to rest."

And then she did this...






She was full on NAPPING on the bench! What?!

Never in a jillion years would I leave my kids unattended in a public (or even my own private home!!) place. Eesh! She was out for a good 20 minutes.

The poor girl came and sat with us while we ate and just chatted with us. I didn't know what to do! We needed to leave, but I felt bad for the girl. I was tempted to go tell the front or go wake the lady up and offer to buy her some coffee. WEIRD!

A few seconds after I had my internal debate, the woman popped up and came over to the play area and started playing like she had been doing it the whole time.

I was baffled.


Ps- those pictures kind of creep me out. I feel like it looks like my kids emerging from the birth canal!!

9 comments:

Brittany Sciba said...

Oh my gosh! That's SO weird! That was very sweet of you to let the poor little girl sit with you while you ate!

the blogivers said...

Wow, that is terrible! And bizarre!

The Torno's said...

Um, wow. Poor kid.

~Amanda~ said...

That's scary! I agree I don't even sleep when I'm at home and my child is awake! Yikes. Hopefully this was a one time thing for that Mom...

The Moriarty Family said...

You have GOT to be kidding me. Can't believe that. I laughed big time of the pics...just picturing you snapping it :), then totally got mad. So nice of you to be so sweet to the little girl.

Mindy Rives said...

Some days I feel like doing that, but I never actually have. :)

Meagan said...

My mouth needs a crane to lift it from the floor. WHO. DOES. THAT? WOW.

Jules said...

Ummmm..... thats the craziest thing I've ever heard of! Poor kid!
I was laughing about your "kids emerging from the canal" comment though :)

Casey Charles said...

Bizarre! And really sad...