Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wednesday Confessions

Yesterday was one of "those" days where I loaded up both kids at 5:40 and drove around to "look at Christmas lights." Charley is working on some teeth and has a cold and was crazy fussy all day. I have a cold/sinus infection so by 5:40 I was over it. We drove for over 30 minutes. Waste of gas? Not hardly. Best money I've spent in a while.

I cried a little when Johnny Manziel won the Heisman.

Jay fell down the stairs at our house last week (think log rolling!!!!). He started two steps from the top and made it three from the bottom by the time I got there and scooped him up. Once we assessed and calmed him down (just a big knot on his forehead), I laughed. It was like that "holy cow!" uncomfortable laugh. Then I patted myself on the back for my ridiculous athleticism in the catch and scoop. Well played if I do say so myself.

I have been buying myself things (cute shoes and jewelry and clothes) over the past few weeks. I know Christmas is coming, but I desperately needed some refreshers to the wardrobe. Then I felt so guilty that I tried to convince Ant not to buy me a Christmas present.

Last night before dinner I was picking some stuff up from outside. The animals and kids were out too and it was dark. I brought the kids inside and started dinner. We played, waited for Daddy to get home, ate dinner once he was home, and started playing some more (about 1.5 hours) when Anthony asked where Tex was. Oh geez. We went outside and started calling him and he immediately came running from the vacant house two doors down (they are having major renovations done). He was soaked. Apparently he went for a long swim in their pool while we forgot about him. Oops.

I dropped my phone and shattered the screen (for the second time in four months) the other day. Merry Christmas to me?

When I take Charley to Gymboree I tell them no to stamps on her. Not because I don't want her to have them, but I don't want to hear Jay get upset that Charley goes to Gymboree while he's at school.

I hid like 50 friends on Facebook around election time. Annoying.

1 comment:

the blogivers said...

Tex is such a good boy! Tucker would probably stick close to home (out of fear), but Rocky would probably be long gone after 1.5 hours :)