Sunday, December 2, 2012

Fake Beaches and Bodily Functions

So we are sitting outside playing today and we are in shorts and tshirts. It's 80 degrees on December 2 here in Houston, TX and its only getting warmer!

This might sound like I'm complaining. I'm not. Well, maybe a little. The thing is, I would MUCH rather endure the heat and humidity then live in a place where it is cold and gray and snowy and windy. Ugh. That sounds awful to me. So dreary and sad and depressing.

And while I don't mind the hot weather for the most part, I wouldn't mind a LITTLE break. You know, jeans and short sleeves and boots. I'm not wishing for all out coats and scarves and gloves, but maybe just the chance to wear jeans.

As I'm watching the kids play (or kind of watching slash writing a blog post), the sun is shining on my face. I hear the whoosh of cars from the main road near us and for a split second when I close my eyes I can imagine its the waves on a beach in Mexico. Then I hear a horn honk and it brings me back to reality. But it's worth the second of pleasure.

Oh, last night we went to the Houston Zoo's "Zoo Lights." It's super fun- gorgeous lights at the zoo with the animals and music and festive treats. We went with some of our best friends the Waldrops. They have a little boy who just turned 2, and he and Jay are big buds.

We were strolling through the zoo and the boys were riding in the double stroller together. We were trying to figure out who was poopy. The boys decided to say the word poopy over and over to each other for a good five minutes. They laughed so hard! What is it about boys and bodily functions?!? And it amazes me that it really DOES start so early!

Jay thinks tooting is the most hysterical thing ever and loves to announce every time he does it. This also gets a rise out of his father who ALSO laughs every time it happens. Weird if you ask me.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Charley is eating dirt so I should probably go and be a mom or something. Meh.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Haha love the post - I think my favorite part is how you ended it though :) A little bit of cold weather is nice around Xmas though :/