Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday Confessions

I have strep throat (day 6, day 2 of antibiotics), Anthony has strep throat (day 2, day 1), and yet we are still kissing our kids and snuggling them. It's hard not to!

There has been an excessive amount of tv watching and iPad playing due to mommy's lack of energy. I have felt really guilty about it :/

I was a little bummed that Anthony came down strep too- especially on his birthday- because it meant I had to dig extra deep and fine some positive energy (I can't be a grouch when he's sick ON his birthday!).

I get a little frustrated with how wussy the "stronger sex" is. I mean, I had it too- for FIVE days without going to the doctor and taking care of kids and traveling. Don't you think I want to curl up on the couch and mope too?!?

We had our Christmas lights put up and the top and middle layers of our house were different colors. I had the guys redo them after they worked for a LONG time on them (they looked ghetto and we are the new neighbors this year- you KNOW people would have judged!)!

After unpacking boxes of decorations and trying to place them in our new house, I feel like a TOTAL inadequate failure. Is that really ALL the stuff we have?!

2:00 is my favorite time of day- both kids are napping!

I haven't been able to get any exercise because I feel like I'm on my death bed. I don't feel bad about it at all. I'm grateful for an excuse :)

That's all I got- I need a nap.

4 comments:

~Amanda~ said...

Oh boy, having a sick husband is worse than a sick kid! Feel better and don't feel guilty!

the blogivers said...

Ugh, I am always bummed/frustrated when Wade gets sick at the same time as either Davis or me. Makes it impossible for me to dwell on my self-pity! Hope you feel better ASAP :)

Sarah said...

OMG, I feel your pain with the Sick Husband. I hate to admit this, but it really makes me mad. Have I gotten to lay in bed, all day, once in the past 3 years?? No. What about when you just had a baby???? No. Not fair.

Kimberly Hixon said...

I totally agree with you about the sick husband! Thanks for sharing your Wednesday confessionals even when you feel puny! Prayers for a quick and speedy recovery for both of you!!