Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey and a Table

So we had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Dallas with Anthony's fam. Andrea was a gracious hostess and the kids loved spending time with their family! We didn't take a ton of pics, but here are a few...

Prepping the turkey

Walking to the park!

Carving the turkey

Charley's First Thanksgiving! 
She enjoyed it!

Jay and Grandma throwing sticks

Aunt Andrea and Charley

The grownups

YUM!


Unfortunately three of the four of us (Anthony lucked out!!) got sick. Both kids had terrible colds and I came down with what felt like (and still does feel like) strep throat. Fever, stuff neck, headache, awful throat, swollen lymph nodes- the works!

We did some park playing while people cooked and did work around the house and luckily we were able to squeeze in some visits with friends Friday afternoon and meet some cute babies (and bloggy friends!) that I've been anxious to see! No pics of course...

We came home Saturday and caught up with my family. Everyone was in but the newlyweds (still honeymooning!). Jay and CK LOVE their cousins and aunties and uncles and grandparents. And the kids love playing with Uncle Tony!







We all decided to get sitters and have a grown-up family steak dinner. We went to a fabulous restaurant and let loose! It was do fun to hang out with the siblings, spouses, and my parents- all kid free! We don't get to do it often, but when we do it's always a blast! Lots of laughter and hours later we all called it a night! Again, no pics...

Sunday we had a mini-Bday party for Anthony. My family gave him a cruiser bike to take the kids on bike rides! I'm so excited!! I'm secretly hoping for one for Christmas! :) I tested my mom's out the other day- and fell in love! Before you judge, I literally only rode down half the street and back since neither kid had a helmet!




I love love love the holidays, but after the last six weeks we have had, I am so excited to have a month of normalcy! The kids and I just hung around the house all day- we all needed it!



On another note, I have been looking for a new table for our breakfast room. Ours is too big and I wanted a smaller round one. Well, after searching a JILLION stores, I went to an unfinished furniture store and found one I loved. I bought some stain and had them finish it for me!

Table in the store! Love it!


I am so so pleased with it, but now am at a total loss for what to do with my breakfast room! I want to paint the walks maybe, need new artwork, new chairs, and I need a new piece (small china cabinet) to go in there. Ugh.... Ideas?? It all flowed with the last table, but now I'm lost- and too exhausted to decide what I want! I just need a babysitter all day for a few days so I can go hunting for inspiration! :)

See? Blah now.... 
(I won't leave the table like that forever, it just worked for dinner tonight)

So boring... ugh...



And get ready, I'm about to post some seriously awesome videos of Charley (total overload!).... I know you're all sitting on the edge of your seats ;)


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We got Greg a bike with a pull "trailer" for Christmas for Jack and him to take bike rides. He is super excited.