Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Music to My Ears

Isn't it funny how everyday words sound so special coming out of the mouths of your children?

Jay told me he loved me for the first time yesterday without me saying it first. "I wub you Mommy." It was one of the sweetest sounds I'd ever heard.

Two weeks ago Charley said "MaMa" for the first time and meant it for me. Two weeks later and it still gets me excited every time she says it.

Jay usually calls Charley "Caryey", but yesterday he called her "Char Kate!" It was PRECIOUS because he has a southern drawl that would make a man from Alabama jealous.

He also sang Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children for the first time a few days ago. There is something about your baby singing about Jesus' love that makes the world seem right for a minute or so.

I hate that I have a memory that will forget these special moments one day. I wish I could bottle them up and keep them forever!

2 comments:

The Joiners said...

Such cute little babies!

Jules said...

I'd pay all the money in the world to be able to "box" up all of these sweet memories. At least we have our blog to look back on and remember these times :)