Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday Confessions

Chapter 6... (better late than never, right??)


Ever since I got married I have taken a pregnancy test just about every month. Even when my "friend" comes to visit, I still take one. Just in case. You can never be too careful! And now that I'm 6 months postpartum (and my friend still hasn't returned), I take them. Charley is the best blessing ever, but we don't need another unexpected blessing!!

On that note, I convinced myself I got pregnant on our honeymoon. I was so sure of it. I couldn't sleep when we got home because I just knew we were pregnant and not ready to have a kid. I told my best friends and my mom and sisters that I was pretty sure I was pregnant. I called Anthony at work to let him know that I most likely was. I wasn't.

And on that note once again, I went to pick up my birth control prescription the other day. I pulled out my HSA card to pay, and it was no charge! I guess the insurance company is ready for us to stop having babies for a while, huh??

Since I don't have the luxury of trying on clothes at a store these days (I always have both kids with me), I usually just throw a ton of things into my shopping bag and buy them to try on at home. Then Anthony asks why in the world I charged so much. I tell him that I will return what doesn't work or fit (which is the truth!). The thing that usually happens though is that I don't actually just return the items, I typically just exchange them for something else that catches my eye. Then I bring those home and do the same thing with those that don't fit... It's a cycle, and a game to me. Anthony isn't so thrilled with it.

Jay got a really cute football player set for his birthday. He asked to play with the "football pwayers" this morning. When I pointed to them and said, "These?" he replied, "Yeah! Go Pack Go!" (referencing the Green Bay Packers) The brainwashing in Wisconsin was a success last week :)

Jay played with playdough for the first time ever this morning. I am a bad mom. What kids don't play with playdough!?

I sing all day long. I sing real songs, I narrate what we are doing in songs- I just sing. I am not good, but I can kind of carry a tune. Plus, my audience is a 2 year old and a 6 month old. But today as I was singing Jay looked at me and said, "Stop Mommy." What?! I chuckled and said, "Oh, you don't want me to sing? But I love singing to you!" And started up again. Then he said, "Mommy! Stop singing!" Ouch.

My house is a wreck, my kitchen is a wreck, I need to shower. And I'm sitting on the computer. Once the kids are down, my brain shuts off!

The other day I got finished putting Charley down for the night before Anthony got finished putting Jay down. So I came downstairs and got a little Nutella and some pretzels for a dessert snack. I heard Anthony coming down the stairs and tried to hide my dessert quickly! Embarrassed? One might think. The real reason was that I knew he'd eat it all. And I didn't want to share.  :)

5 comments:

Mindy Rives said...

I was absolutely convinced that I got pregnant on our honeymoon too...and every month after too! Haha!! And I don't share my nutella and pretzel sticks either! :)

the blogivers said...

Love that you and Mindy have constant pregnancy scares, rational or not :)

Brooke said...

haha these are funny..esp. about the free birth control! And you must spend a small fortune on pregnancy tests!! Oh, and I sing everything too and am sure Max will think it's annoying in no time! :)

Kimberly Hixon said...

I think I will be paranoid too every month until my "friend" arrives till the end of time. It doesn't help that every time something like my head hurts, my husband will ask me if I'm pregnant.

Jules said...

I sing all the time too and Bennett closes his eyes really tight. Kind of like, " If I close my eyes, maybe she'll disappear :)". I keep singing anyways!!