Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday Confessional

Here I go again, baring my soul to the world... Have you started judging yet??  :)

Shameful Plug- in case you have missed any of the Confessionals, look above and click on the Wednesday Confessionals Tab at the top! You can read my dirtiest confessions at any time :)




I have had clean laundry sitting in the dryer for THREE days! My poor husband goes every night and gets a clean pair of shorts and a clean work out shirt out of the dryer. You would think I would feel bad enough to fold them. I don't.

Once I hit a bird while I was driving and killed it. I started crying. Poor guy.

I love being a mom. Like, SO SO much. But today, for just a little while, I wished I had a nanny (and was a stay at home mom, too, of course!).

Charley's favorite snack is Cheeto Puffs. They are identical to the little kid puffs, but WAY cheaper. And french fries. Sister can take down a french fry. Bad mom? Yes.

Every single time I have an appointment with my endocrinologist, I end up rescheduling it. Usually something better comes along, and they always have openings, so I just push it back. I kind of feel bad. I wonder if they mark that kind of stuff on my folder?

I still don't have a present in mind for Jay for his birthday. In fact, last year for his birthday and both of his Christmases he hasn't gotten anything from us. He gets SO MUCH other stuff from family and friends (and Santa- and come on, we know who that is!), that he really doesn't need one more thing from us. And it's not like he knows. Yet.

Speaking of, we get a lot of invitations to kid's birthday parties that say "No gifts please." (We put this our invites, too! And we really mean it!). One time I went without a gift (LIKE THE CARD SAID) and realized I was only one of a few people who didn't bring anything! I felt like a jerk. So now, I always bring something- or give them something before or after the party.

I have had these papers to fill out to take care of my 403b from our financial planner since APRIL. I have yet to make the ONE phone call to get them taken care of. But today, when I realized my personalized owl sippy cup from Zulilly hadn't arrived yet even though the tracking number says DELIVERED, I spent over thirty minutes on the phone tracking it down. LOTS of money vs $7.99. Priorities people!

I am obsessed with watching the Olympics. I LOVE Gymnastics! As I walk through the house in my workout clothes, I feel my thighs touching and I picture them like the gymnasts' thighs- theirs touch and are gorgeous, muscular legs. Then, I happen to walk in front of a mirror and realize mine certainly don't touch from being too muscular.



Until next time...

7 comments:

Jules said...

Haha! I'm the same way with delaying phone calls to say, my Dr., but would definitely sit on the phone for a cute somethin somethin :)

Kelly said...

The endocrinologist is such a waste of time---all they do is ask if you are gaining weight or feel tired and moody. You can take a one-second look at my face and find the answer to those questions without having to waste an hour at a doctor's office. :-)

GranDeb said...

Not that my own daughter's personal issues aren't very important to me (you'll get over most of them - like when your legs start touching all the way down with no daylight peeking thru anywhere, you'll think back and chuckle remembering those days when your thighs sometimes clicked together....and you'll wish for thigh touching days!!!), but I want to know where the dang sippy cup ended up??!!!!

GranDeb said...

Not that my own daughter's personal issues aren't very important to me (you'll get over most of them - like when your legs start touching all the way down with no daylight peeking thru anywhere, you'll think back and chuckle remembering those days when your thighs sometimes clicked together....and you'll wish for thigh touching days!!!), but I want to know where the dang sippy cup ended up??!!!!

Ashley said...

The "no gifts" birthday parties where everyone brings a gift drive me NUTS! I did see one mom bring a book, which I thought was a good idea. Not too toy-gifty and small like a card. For the record, I have not taken any gifts to "no gift" parties, purely on principle, of course!

Leah said...

I love the confessional post. I still want to make it a weekly thing on my blog bc it's always so entertaining.

Jennifer said...

I'm loving your Wednesday confessional. It helps assuage my own "guilties".