Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Confessional

Part III of my now-weekly blog topic...


Sometimes when it's late in the afternoon and the kids are fussy and I am exhausted, I will just drive around for a while. Charley will usually play for a bit in her carseat happily and Jay will watch his DVD player. It's like 20 minutes of bliss for me.

I usually make Anthony tell Jay it's time for bed. He always cries because he doesn't want to stop playing, and I don't want to be the bad guy. I wonder how much longer until Anthony is on to me. Hey, I'm the bad guy all day long- can't GaGa the Hero be the bad guy every once in a while!?

Sometimes I don't feel like folding the clothes in the dryer so I just put the load in the washer in with the load in the dryer and dry/redry two loads of clothes. Lazy.

Occasionally I will drive a TEENY bit out of the way to see friend's (or people I have just met who have told me where they live) houses. I have been caught twice. Once they didn't see me- but only because I ducked my head and pretended to be reaching for something on the floor WHILE DRIVING. Safe? No. But sneaky? Yes!

There are times when Anthony will call me when both kids are down and I'm sitting on the computer playing around. I pretend to be REALLY busy (Oh, just doing some laundry, getting dinner ready, cleaning up. You know- never stopping!). I really DO do all of those things- it's just that I'm not doing them right at the moment. I can't let him think I EVER have it easy- because then he wouldn't feel as bad for me when I complain to him.

I throw away mail that is not addressed to me or Anthony. I don't care what it is (unless it's a neighbor's mail- I always take that to them). One time, the person who previously lived in this house (they weren't the owner, but a renter) came to my door, rang the doorbell TWICE during naptime (!!!!!!), and banged on the door when I didn't answer. Finally I answered and he identified himself and asked if I had gotten a letter for him. He was expecting a check and needed it. I told him I hadn't seen anything and that I would keep my eye out for it. I feel pretty confident I had already thrown something like that away. I felt bad for him, but karma is a *****- don't ring my doorbell and bang on the door while my kids are SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!

Jay and I made chocolate chip cookies. I ate so many it's embarrassing. I am even too ashamed to confess the actual number on my Wednesday Confessional. Just imagine a LOT, and then add a few more...

I got a teeny bit of satisfaction that I won the Game of Life when I played it the other day with my six year old nephew. What is wrong with me?


Until next time...

9 comments:

Erin+Josh said...

I love these. I should do this... starting with eating McDonalds an obscene amount

Meagan said...

I am at my mom's house reading this right now, and we are both cracking up!!! So funny--especially the part about getting caught looking at people's houses!!

the blogivers said...

Haha I hope Anthony doesn't read your blog and figure out your secrets! :)

Anonymous said...

These are hysterical!!!!!!

The Torno's said...

I LOVE THESE, please keep doing them!!

Sarah said...

I look forward to these every Wednesday! Ha ha!

The Moriarty Family said...

This has got to be the best Wednesday confessional of all time! Umm, are we related?!!

Casey Charles said...

These are so refreshing! I have so many I could add!

Kelly said...

I drive around ALL the TIME to occupy the kids! Sometimes just having them both strapped down is enough to replenish my sanity. Glad to know I'm not alone:-)