Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday Confessional

The Second Edition of Wednesday Confessional...


I have never tried to teach Jay letters. I read that some of my friend's kids know a lot of letters. I don't really care to teach Jay his letters right now. Is that bad? Especially considering I'm a former teacher...

Sometimes (most days) I don't make the bed until ten minutes before Anthony gets home. I don't care about a made bed. He LOVES a made bed. If he gets home early, then oops!

When I go to Target to get diapers, baby food, etc... I ALWAYS come home with an item (or two or three) of clothing for me. Always.

Jay likes Charley to sit on the couch with him in the mornings while he watches YouTube videos on the iPad. She fell off yesterday (onto the slate floor) and has a little black eye. Ugh. Mom of the Year.

If both kids nap at the same time during the day, I turn my phone off. The silence around the house is the most amazing sound ever.

I haven't worked out this week yet. I complain that I want to lose weight, but then I don't work out. Vicious cycle I tell you.

Once a week I make a LAME dinner. Frozen fish, frozen vegetable, and some sort of pre-made-heat-it-up brown rice/quinoa mix. It's probably the healthiest meal we have, but some days I just don't feel like cooking. That's my last resort meal. And it's Jay's MOST favorite thing- that kid can take down 2-3 fish filets.

I wear workout clothes just about every day. I rarely work out.

I just got out of the shower. It has been over 48 hours since my last shower. Gross. Seriously gross. I tried not to shower and dressed in workout clothes in hopes that would help me go to the gym. Nope.

I forgot about planning Jay's second birthday party until recently. I saw that a friend posted on facebook about her little boys turning 2 in less than a month and how she was excited to celebrate them at their party. Then I realized I had done nothing. Whoops!

Sometimes if I have to go get Charley in the middle of the night, I make a lot of noise to "accidentally" wake Anthony up. It gives me a teeny bit of pleasure.



Until next time....  :)

11 comments:

The Joiners said...

Ha the last one about waking Anthony up made me laugh!!

Emily said...

Ditto - the last one was great!

the blogivers said...

Agreed with the others - semi-intentionally waking up the sleeping husband is a favorite pastime of mine, too :)

ChelseaSalomone said...

Best confession EVER!!! Literally every single one (except the bed making) I was like YUP that's me to a T!! The 48 hour shower.. Shameful but true. And I NEVVVVVER used to do that. What can I say? Dry shampoo is an enabler.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Ditto!

Sarah said...

You are not alone! Ha ha! I totally know the subtle noises during night feedings. I'm doing them now as I can't sleep and have to go to the restroom 5 times.

Kelly said...

I can ditto all of the above!!! Especially the making the bed part:-)

Meagan said...

This confession had smiling the whole way through...probably because I was thinking to myself "guiltttyyy" most of the way through! :)

Brittany Sciba said...

Love all of these!! And I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with not teaching letters yet! Kids need to just be kids while they can! :)

Brooke said...

Another awesome post. This could be a blog in itself I swear!

Casey Charles said...

I LOVE this. Especially the beds!