Monday, July 9, 2012

Time to Get Back in Bed

You remember the days pre-kids where if you had a bad day you could just crawl back in bed and pull the covers up over your head? Yeah, me neither...

But today it's 7:45 and it's one of those days.

Charley slept no longer than a stretch of thirty minutes last night (she has an awful cold and had a fever last night- guess who ran out of Tylenol??). I held her all night and rocked her, noticed her, and laid next to her- nothing was working.

Just as I got her to sleep this morning at 620, someone decided to wake up at 6:35 which is about an hour earlier than normal. He also has a terrible cold and was coughing and crying. Did I mention Charley woke back up the second I laid her down? Good times.

So here we are with no food for breakfast and no coffee in the house (we had company this weekend).

Desperate times call for desperate measures. So I asked Jay if he wanted McDonald's for breakfast- such a treat! He said, "Yes! Go to Old Donald's Mommy!" So off we went to Old McDonald's (ha!) for a giant cup of coffee and oatmeal for me and A smoothie and hashbrown for Jay.

Life is going pretty well. Jay is happy and Charley isn't crying- yet.

We are one street over from our house and Charley starts wailing (no surprise). We pull into our driveway and Jay starts totally crying! What??

"No Mommy! No go home! Go Old Donald's Farm!!!"

Apparently he thought we were actually going to Old McDonald's Farm- though I'm not sure where that place is.

As I am carrying BOTH crying kids inside (one on each hip!) plus the car keys and my phone, flailing Charley knocks my phone out of my hand I hear that dreaded sound.

Phone is shattered. Perfect.

Did I mention it's raining too?

I just want to crawl back in bed and call a redo... Too much to ask??

5 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my gosh, I'm RIGHT there with you... by the way, Henry calls it "Old McDonald's" too. Hope your day is looking up!

the blogivers said...

Yikes, that is definitely a day deserving of getting back in bed :( my morning is not going nearly that crummy, but I still felt sorry for myself when my alarm went off this morning and I knew I was on my own again for the day. Hope things turn around ASAP!!!

ChelseaSalomone said...

I'm so sorry!! Hang in there girl. I'm not NEARLY in as bad of a situation but if it makes you feel any better, I'm home alone with Logan napping and the movers are on their way. I just opened the fridge to make some breakfast and realized- oh yeah, we have NO FOOD in our house what so ever!!! Not sure what I'm going to do about that since I'm stuck here for a long time until they get everything moved out... Neat.

Maybe your kids are so tired they will both nap for you for a LOOOONG time this afternoon!

Jules said...

I'm sorry Courtney!!! I hope your sweet kiddos feel better soon and you get some rest!

Brittany Sciba said...

I'm tired just reading this! I hope you get some down time today!! You are such a fun mommy to take Jay to McDonald's even when you were exhausted!! :)